Computer Science

<p>For students at VT, how hard is the curriculum at VT, my guess is too hard..</p>

<p>are there alot of CS drop outs that couldnt make the cut due to lack of intelligence??</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>bump cause i'm curious too</p>

<p>Double bump.</p>

<p>My s is a freshman majoring in CS. He loves it, but says it is hard. He placed out of several courses due to APs, so after his first semester, he's considered a sophomore. He's also planning at this point to double-major in either math or physics, so maybe some might consider him above the norm, so to speak?</p>

<p>There is enough math required for a CS major that I think he only needed to take an additional math course or two to get a math minor. Hope this helps a little...</p>

<p>Hm I wonder if double majoring in business and cs is easily done.</p>

<p>Why not? It's not uncommon, if that's what you are wondering. You definitely should plan out your four years using the major requirements from the department as a guide, b/c you will have to fit the core requirements in as well as the majors courses. There is a certain amount of overlap which makes it very doable - for instance, my s only needed maybe 2 extra math courses to get a math minor b/c there were a certain number of them required for a CS major.</p>

<p>He actually planned out a CS/Business double major first until he decided that he really didn't like certain parts of business.</p>

<p>what about a major in BIT and a minor in CS... I have taken Calc and Analytic Geometry I and taking II this semester at A CC....have been accepted to tech for fall 08, --CC on the spot admissions if your wondering why so early.... would a major in BIT and minor in CS make me more marketable... or worth while</p>

<p>Sounds like a great combo to me. I would encourage you to follow what you are really interested in, not what will make you marketable. College only comes around once for most of us, use the time to explore and find out where your passion REALLY lies. Any 9-5 job will be torture if you don't really like what you are doing . This is a little difficult to comprehend as a teenager without kids, mortgage, credit card payments, etc hanging over your head to the extent that you have boxed yourself in and can't move/change. More of us adults would have been better off studying what interested us instead of studying what would give us a job. But that's hindsight...</p>