Concerning science/non-science major classes

<p>so u know how colleges offer science classes designated for science majors, and other science classes for non-science majors (just for GEs or something)?</p>

<p>well my question is (and it may have been asked), do science majors (and/or premeds) just go straight to the actual classes (for science)? or do they have to “pass” something for the non-science classes?</p>

<p>sry it may be confusing post, would appreciate it</p>

<p>O_O;; If you're referring to GEs, then yeah everyone has to take them. You could be a mechanical engineer but you'll still be required to take, say, a philosophy class to get rid of a social analysis GE. This is why you try and take AP classes/CC classes to get rid of non-essential GEs.</p>

<p>sry i wasn't referring to GEs, but i know how u would think that b/c i typed that in sry</p>

<p>i meant like science classes for non-science majors if that helps</p>

<p>Oh, those. I think there are. I know at UCLA there's a math series especially designated for premeds (and biology majors), and there are different chem series depending on major (biochem/engineering vs. biology/everyone else)</p>

<p>so a premed wouldn't need to like "pass" out of those non-science major classes? they just don't need to worry about them i guess?</p>

<p>They're a different thing altogether, although you need to know that pre-med requirements are general. They want 1 year of English, 1 year of math, etc. etc. If you're a nonscience major and you just so happen to not need to take differential equations and multivariable calculus, but take the specialized series for math for your class, then you're still golden. If you're a science major, then no, don't worry about those specialized series because they don't pertain to you at all. So long as you fulfill the general requirements, you're still a pre-med. If that doesn't answer that, then you ARE asking about GEs.</p>

<p>thanks (10 chars)</p>