Concerns about Lewis & Clark

<p>My first concern is about Lewis & Clark's USNWR ranking of 79 (I think) and was wondering why the ranking is so low?</p>

<p>Also, it seems that a high percentage of kids transfer out (almost 25%) which is pretty worrisome.</p>

<p>The two greatest factors in USNWR ranks are Peer Assessment (25%) and Retention (20%). I honestly think L&C’s peer assessment is below where it should be. A few years ago L&C started trying to position itself as an alternate Reed and now requires Theses and Capstone Projects (a la Reed). I think the peer rankings haven’t caught up to this yet.</p>

<p>Thanks, Erin’s Dad. Also, L&C alum giving is pretty low, which I know affects the ratings.</p>

<p>good points. But anyway, #79 does put L&C in an…huh, embarrassing position.
But I know that they have a very reputated Study abroad program.</p>

<p>I don’t see how #79 out of perhaps 1500 LACs is embarassing.</p>

<p>I see it as favorable that they made it in the top 100.</p>

<p>I would like to hear details about the 25% drop-out rate. If it is class difficulty, then great. If it is the weather, not so good.</p>

<p>Transfer rate of almost 25%; I got this number a little while ago from the ipeds college navigator site. EricLG; some people like drizzly weather & green green foliage! I’m curious about reasons for transfer too.</p>

<p>Yep, e.g me! But my daughter has grown up in the SW, and I worry about her not adapting to months with little sunshine.</p>

<p>DD2 is a freshman there. I just asked her (home on spring break) and she says she doesn’t know. They are working on the problem by sponsoring more activities to get students involved. It could be weather… DD2 loves rain so I’m not worried about her.</p>

<p>My daughter loves rain too plus we live in New England, so she is used to all kinds of weather, except too much sunshine! Right now, rain, rain rain.</p>

<p>Today in Portland is sun, sun, sun. High 67. Of course, tomorrow it will rain.</p>