Concerns on bigness of campus + financial aid

<p>Hi, i was wondering if anyone feels left out cuz its so big and how hard is it to make friends; also, i was wondering if anyone knew if financial aid offered good aid for minorities who are out of state; i somehow havent received my package yet :( Is housing still available? i havent applied lol (since i havent received my package yet, i cant make my choice!!)</p>

<p>You apply for housing no matter what. the money comes back if you don't go. Not smart.</p>

<p>hey mojojo, dont count on good financial aide. Im OOS and I hardly got any grants, a little work study and some loans. Half of my financial need wasn't even covered.</p>

<p>are u a minority? cuz i heard they give money to minorities, does anyone have a link just to make sure?</p>

<p>There are two kinds of minorities, underrepresented and overrepresented. UR minorities will get some kind of help, but OR ones like myself won't.</p>

<p>mojojo, people can be lost even in their house. If you keep your head up, you won't be lost even in the Atlantic Ocean, hehehe....</p>

<p>mojojo look online on the portal and you should be able to find out your fin. aid package.</p>

<p>The campus is smaller than you think. I run into about 10 ppl I know every day.</p>

<p>i looked at portal and it said financial aid is still under review! i dont know if im OR or UR, what is a hispanic? lol</p>

<p>ORMs? at Wisconsin?</p>

<p>Norwegians and Finns.</p>

<p>Hispanics are still underrepresented. In some document, WI says hispanics are "properly" represented, but I think they still treat hispanics specially. So, I think you'll get something. Being still under review is a good sign in my opinion as I have already received a ridiculous package.</p>

<p>ridiculous as in it sucks or its great?</p>

<p>The former! I am in state and they offered me thousands of dollars of unsubsidized stafford loan. My dad could get a better deal through his own bank.</p>

<p>Well, they already gave you $15,000 off so to speak. That's a good start.</p>

<p>That's right, barrons!</p>

<p>"The campus is smaller than you think. I run into about 10 ppl I know every day." --JJKitty</p>

<p>So true. On days I feel like being anti-social I stare at the sidewalk because I know there's a decent chance I'll run into somebody I know. </p>

<p>As for minorities.. UW is very big on this, for some reason. Expect money. I know out-of-state minorities who got serious cash.</p>

<p>really? it says my EFC is 0; the problem is that i dont want to take out loans, and i still have to make a decision by june....so they better hook it up with almost no loans or else it will be extremely difficult to go there... :(</p>

<p>I GOT FULL TUITION :) (btw oos)</p>

<p>Mojo what were your stats in high school?(ACT,SAT,GPA,ETC)?</p>

<p>Im a transfer, so my high school stuff wasnt even looked @ lol</p>