Confirming Spring Schedule Question

<p>I know we have to pay the fees on our student accounts by this Friday to confirm our Spring 2012 schedule. But what amount are we supposed to pay if the total account balance and the projected account balance are not equal? Am I supposed to pay the total account balance and then will later be given money for a scholarship that is projected to be paid, or should I just pay the projected account balance because the rest should be covered by the scholarship?</p>

<p>For our son, we pay the entire bill. Then about three weeks into the semester, it is refunded once his scholarship money is posted.</p>

<p>If the projected balance is lower due to a UA scholarship not yet being applied to their account, a student pays the projected balance as UA knows that the money is coming. If it is an outside scholarship, you might have to pay the full amount and will get a refund a few weeks into the semester.</p>

<p>Since payment for spring semester is in November/December, students can easily walk over to student receivables and ask any questions and then pay their bill in person. I prefer to pay in person when possible as I get an actual receipt; the lines are rarely more than 2-5 minutes long.</p>

<p>I just called them about this yesterday since my daughter gets a NMSC gift split between the two semester. However, her scholarship doesn’t show up as a projected credit since it is an outside source. I have to pay the whole balance which I do by credit card. Then the university credits my card for the gift amount which should arrive in the middle of January. I then have to ask the credit card company for the money back since I don’t carry a balance on the card. The other option was to defer in the mybama section when paying. This cost $30 to do and you are given I think until March to pay it off. I was told those were the only options, so I am going with the first one.</p>