Confused about different admisisons levels. Can anyone help?

<p>Here are all the ways I think you can get into A&M as an incoming freshman (not a transfer):</p>

<ol>
<li>Top 10%</li>
<li>Academic Admit</li>
<li>Review Admit</li>
<li>Blinn TEAM</li>
<li>AGS (Gateway to Sucess)</li>
<li>PSA</li>
</ol>

<p>Assuming you don't make 1,2, or 3, how do they fill 4, 5 and 6? Are they filled in that order? Do they look at you first for Blinn TEAM, next for AGS, and then last for PSA?</p>

<p>I've got a daughter who probably won't get 1,2 or 3. So I'm wondering what her chances are for 4, 5 or 6. She'll be just out of the top10% with a 28 ACT. Don't know SAT yet. Good EC's.</p>

<p>My dd is a freshman at TAMU. She had the same stats and was accepted to Mays Business School. What major is your dd applying to?</p>

<p>Once you get to #3 on your list, it is very tough to judge since EVERYTHING counts, and no two students are that much alike. If you read through the two year Q&A from admissions on Texags.com in the academics forum it might give you some more insight. You may be the best judge of which students seem most similar to your daughter. It did say that 50% of the decision is based on a formula of class rank and scores, the other 50 % is the everything else – including demonstrated interest (it’s also on the application in a check off format), essays, rec letters, EC, awards, etc. </p>

<p>It would definitely be AGS next (approximately 350-400 students), Blinn (several thousand students?) and then PSA (not sure how many are offered this option).</p>

<p>I agree with @houseofboys on the order. BLINN Team, however, was only offered to roughly 1000 students this past year. </p>

<p>I’ve always considered Gateway to be the better next best offer after 1, 2, or 3 than Blinn Team because you spend a summer semester on campus taking a few classes and if you reach their requirements in their selected classes (2.5 GPA I believe) you are in. I would think that would be a faster in to TAMU than Blinn even though I hear you can move over after one year from Blinn if you do well. Plus, wouldn’t getting in during the summer help you with dorm choices? Am I missing something?</p>

<p>Yes, AGS (Gateway) is a better opportunity than Blinn Team. I believe those in Gateway are offered a dorm room in a “learning community” dorm which helps with the transition to college. Blinn Team students are encouraged to apply for transfer after their second semester providing they have met their major’s requirements for transfer. My daughter did just that and was accepted into the College of Education. </p>

<p>@bulbar Check your messages/Inbox.</p>

<p>From the people I’ve talked to it actually depends on your major. While most think Gateway is better than Blinn TEAM it is actually offered to students who choose less common majors so it is easier to get into. My sister was offered Gateway a couple years ago under a general studies major and her friend, who had a better rank/sat was offered TEAM. I was offered Blinn TEAM this year and I was about 14% with a 1280 SAT/29 ACT but I want to major in Business whereas I know a friend who is a liberal arts major who was offered gateway with a 25% rank and around a 1240 SAT I believe. </p>