Confused about majors- engineering?

<p>I applied in November for Chem E. and Electrical Engineering but, now that I am reviewing my AIS, I saw that both majors were already full in the "Request Major Change" tab. Does that mean that I won't get into the major I chose? I thought no one would get into an engineering major - but general engineering the first two years? Or does it mean that no one can apply because the applicant pool is full? I've been accepted to TAMU but currently am under "Engineering Review" and won't be notified about my admissions until Jan 15th. I know it's around the corner but I am desperate! Does anyone know about this?
Thanks!</p>

<p>With A&M’s new process this year I’m not sure anyone really knows. I think they would have to have some limit on engineering even it is general engineering. They are probably waiting to see how many acceptances they get to see what space they have and how many spots they expect to free up with applicants selecting other schools. It’s a tough numbers game they have to play.</p>

<p>For A&M it is a big benefit to apply early since they do rolling admissions. I applied in early August and got accepted and my desired major stayed at Petroleum. I’m not really sure but I’ve heard rumors that as long as I make decent grades the first semester then I will actually get the petroleum major.</p>

<p>Good luck with engineering and the 15th is just a week away.</p>

<p>Hey tjdTexas, I saw that you mentioned that you were accepted into Petroleum. If you don’t mind me asking, what was your GPA and SAT score?</p>