Confused as to if this will help me in admissions.

<p>Thank you again for the advice! You have been very helpful. Right now I am considering many colleges, but MIT is the preferred college of my choice. I agree many colleges can offer a similar education; however, I am “obsessed” with MIT because of its intense rigorous workload. There is obviously many things I like about the school, but the workload is the best part! It would be hard to forget about MIT for now, but I have been trying! I am sorry for inquiring into your personal life. It was uncalled for, and after I sent the message I realized it was a little too curious about private information. Your answer was quite sufficient though; I hope to do very well and excel in all possible fields so perhaps I could have better chances than your daughter (not to be rude, just a personal goal of mine).</p>

<p>MITobession: If I read your earlier posts you are freshman in h.s. Please keep in mind that one purpose of h.s. is self-discovery. what you like at 14 may not be the same at 18. However if you truly as obsessed with MIT as you say then be sure to look into summer programs in STEM either at MIT or equivalent colleges such as Caltech. My DD who is a soph. just got accepted to LEAD’s program at Caltech in computer science since she loves engineering. There are many science/engineering/math related summer programs out there with most targeted at soph. and juniors. many are free or low costs and targeted to Hispanics.</p>

<p>now please don’t ask me for the names of the programs. it is very easy to find them if you just search for them. there are LOTS! also google mit’s admission blog for summer programs. mit’s blog lists a bunch of them.</p>

<p>^Congrats to your D on the summer LEAD program!</p>

<p>Thank you itsv. I will look into that; that seems just like what I want to do! Congrats as well to your daughter!</p>

<p>Great news, itsv!! Fantastic news for your D!</p>

<p>entomom, I’ve seen you reference “MA” as an underrepresented Hispanic herritage. What does “MA” Stand for?</p>

<p>Mexican American</p>