Confused by website set up

<p>I have signed up and filled out my application for undergraduate admissions. I have the stats and want to apply for automatic scholarships, but when I click on the link provided here (<a href=“Login - CAS – Central Authentication Service”>Login - CAS – Central Authentication Service</a>) and type in the log in I used for my undergraduate admissions application, it won’t work. I then tried logging in as a guest, which worked, but I cannot find anything about the scholarship application. I’m really confused, help please.</p>

<p>Click on Academics in top tab and then look middle of page about half way down – should be a link to submit application – you should also see your CWID in top left corner when you click on link</p>

<p>You can’t login to MyBama with the same login and password you used to submit your application. You’ll get an email soon, if not already, with info on how to get into MyBama, and you’ll also be assigned a CWID. Once you can login, go to Academics and the link for the scholarship app will be on the left.</p>

<p>You need to wait until you get the follow-up email with your CWID number. Then you’ll be able to properly log-in and have access to the scholarship app.</p>

<p>You should get that email today or tomorrow.</p>

<p>General observation: Someone needs to tell the Bama web masters that this is indeed the most confusing website on the planet…or one of them, certainly. They need to do some usability testing and use their findings to design a more user-friendly website! My 2 cents’ worth, fwiw…</p>

<p>lol…</p>

<p>LadyDi…as someone who has looked at hundreds of college websites, I can tell you that Bama’s is one of the least confusing…seriously. </p>

<p>What are you having trouble finding?</p>

<p>Have to admit that we have found the site a little challenging too. Clicking on admissions status doesn’t reveal anything, except that application has been created. Using the “back arrow” created a message that a “break-in” has been detected on account…yikes! How will applicants receive admissions decisions – on this page, or via email?
(Incidentally, son’s page does include all those tabs for academics, student life, etc.)</p>

<p>It sounds like your son has been admitted.</p>

<p>If you click on Freshman Enrollment deposit, you should get a message about acceptance.</p>

<p>Yes, the MyBama site does often give that “break in” message when hitting the back arrow. MyBama is more secure-crazed because if someone were to be in someone else’s MyBama, they could cause havoc (dropping classes, sending emails, etc).</p>

<p>However, I must say that the it was a national company that designed MyBama because my older son’s school uses the same exact format…just different colors.</p>

<p>If there are links on the initial page about paying your student bill, registration, Bama Bound, etc, then you have been admitted. The enrollment deposit link is on the “Academics” tab.</p>

<p>Guess I was a little tired last night when I answered OP – I mistook logging in as a “guest” as logging in as “need an account”. </p>

<p>From memory (and I may be mistaken, here is what I think we did)</p>

<p>Even prior to getting the email with CWID, you can click on “need an account” and log in with your SSAN. </p>

<p>If your application has made it so far, you will be allowed to log in and, once in, I clicked on several different tabs (I think it was the scholarship tab) which gave us our CWID in upper left corner.</p>

<p>I think we even did the scholarship application prior to getting the email and letter with CWID. “I think”.</p>