Confused on my bill

<p>If my projected account balance is negative, that means I should be getting money back to make up the difference of what I actually owe, correct?</p>

<p>If you have a negative balance, then you’ll be getting a check back a couple of weeks after school starts.</p>

<p>Or you can set up a direct deposit into your bank acct.</p>

<p>Yup, negative balance means that UA will be cutting a check to you. Though I’d advise you to set up direct deposit, it just makes life easier.</p>

<p>If we pay our bill now via credit card and then money gets deposited within the next few weeks from a 529 account…will they refund us the difference? Is it better to wait until the 529 money is deposited? I’m just concerned that it may not be there by Aug. 10.</p>

<p>If you’re concerned that the 529 money won’t be there by Aug 10th, then pay by credit card on Aug 10th (or right before). That way, when the 529 money gets there, it will be a positive balance, and Bama will send you a check…likely before that credit card bill is due.</p>

<p>Last year, UA just credited our credit card back for scholaship funds that were added to the account after we had paid.</p>

<p>Now I’m confused – I thought negative balance in your account meant you would owe money while projected positive balance meant you would get money back…</p>

<p>Of course this is our first round, so could be totally off base.</p>

<p>BamaAF, it’s a negative or positive invoice - just like your credit card. Positive means you owe, negative means you have a credit balance.</p>

<p>ha ha – now it has a negative sign in fromt of balance – did not have one earlier when I looked (from another computer and network). I knew there were more payments than charges. Tks Class2012Mom</p>

<p>“Last year, UA just credited our credit card back for scholaship funds that were added to the account after we had paid.”</p>

<p>Yes, you’re right. If you pay with a credit card, and then there’s a refund, they’ll credit your card…I forgot about that. That happened to us about 5 years ago. That said, I can remember that it took the school a couple of months to finally credit the credit-card-acct. Don’t know if that’s gotten quicker or not in recent years.</p>

<p>Thank you everyone for your answers. So, if I can confirm my schedule and it says that it is confirmed, does that mean I have paid for everything and I’m good to go?</p>

<p>When will the federal loan show up in student accounts?</p>

<p>“Don’t know whether it has gotten quicker in recent years” </p>

<p>The credit back to our credit card wasn’t superfast – not within the same billing cycle if I recall correctly – but was well before the semester ended. As I understand it, and I may be wrong about this, if your student initially owes money due to scholarships that haven’t yet been credited and you pay that balance with a credit card, when the funds subsequently show up in your account the University will not issue you a check or direct deposit but will only credit any excess funds back to your credit card that you used for the initial payment.</p>