Confused with VaTech?

I applied EA to Virginia tech and got waitlisted until July… only to hear back from them 4/26/18 for them to say that I was accepted (4 days until decision day). When I heard that I got waitlisted from Tech I moved on and decided to go to JMU instead. Now that I have my top two which one should I choose? I plan on majoring in Biology with a pre med track. I never got to visit tech bc I was waitlisted but visited JMU twice and loved the campus. I’m having lots of trouble choosing between two great schools!!!

The good news is they are both great schools so you can’t make a bad decision! Everyone I know who has gone to JMU loves it! Good luck!

@jaclynoleary DS had the same situation and major 4 years ago…he stayed with JMU (even though he would have been a 4th generation Hokie) because “JMU wanted me all along”. Bad reason to choose it in my mind, but it was his decision to make. He graduates this year. As a parent, I always thought VT was a better choice given rankings and notoriety, but he has never looked back and has loved his time there. He is off to graduate school next and was able to get tuition waived and GTA stipends, so obviously it all worked out well. You have no wrong choice! Just be prepared for many people to think you are crazy if you choose JMU over VT. :wink:

Both very good choices. I had a son waitlisted initially as well who ended up switching from JMU to VT. It was a very hard decision though to make that switch as JMU is such a great school. If you have an opportunity to visit VT before you have to make a decision, try to do that. That might make things clearer for you. Consider cost, fit, logistics , etc. at this point. Good luck with the decision!

Well, I can say that if you visit VT, you won’t find anything NOT to like. I have also heard very good things about JMU. Do you like sports? Do you want a school with huge school spirit? Those are things that might make VT stand out. Everyone is so nice, but geographically and demographically, the two schools are so close, I doubt there would be much of a difference. Does the size of the school matter to you? Are costs the same? Those are the kinds of things that might make more of a difference, especially with graduate:medical school in the picture. Good luck! You can’t make a BAD choice!