Confused.

<p>So Purdue is probably my top choice, or one of my top ones at least. I really want to get into Psychology. Honestly, I don't get all of this college stuff. I'm only a Sophomore, but I always thought you applied just the school, not like a specific one in it, haha.
What would I apply to then? I searched their Psychology programs and they had "Psychological Science" I believe it was. Would I apply to that then? (Yes, I do realize I have a while to figure this out, but I just really want to know now.)
And if any of you know, is Psychology a hard one to get into at Purdue? And is it actually like on Purdue's main campus? Because I heard the nursing school was like separate.</p>

<p>Within the University, there are distinct divisions of the departments into what are called "colleges". In Purdue, these colleges are:[ul]
[<em>]College of Agriculture
[</em>]College of Consumer and Family Sciences
[<em>]College of Education
[</em>]College of Engineering
[<em>]School of Health Sciences
[</em>]College of Liberal Arts
[<em>]School of Management
[</em>]School of Nursing
[<em>]School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
[</em>]College of Science
[<em>]College of Technology
[</em>]Undergraduate Studies Program
[li]School of Veterinary Medicine[/ul][/li]From their FAQ</a> about applying:
[quote]
When you apply, you must specify the Purdue college, school, or program that you wish to enter, but you may be undecided about your major. ... We also recommend that you list an alternate program choice on your application. This way, if you aren't admissible to your first choice, you'll automatically be considered for your alternate choice.

[/quote]
As you can see from this table</a> of majors, the department of Psychology</a> is in the College of Liberal Arts. When you apply, you would indicate you are applying to the College of Liberal Arts, and your expected major is Psychology. As you can also see from the department pages, the Psychology</a> department is housed in two buildings near the center of the West Lafayette campus.</p>

<p>Look around their website, you'll find it has most of the information you'll need. Good luck!</p>

<p>Thank you so much! =)</p>

<p>I have another question if you don't mind. I'm looking at their majors, and I think I may want to be a Child Psychologist which is in the College Of Education, but I can't seem to find where it's located on a map. Is there anyway you could find it for me?</p>

<p>If you can, thanks! =)</p>

<p>Use the links above. You'll find if you click on a College of Education link in the table of majors (I clicked on the one next to Elementary Education) that you go somewhere like [url=<a href="http://www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/majors/Education/elementaryeducation.shtml%5Dhere%5B/url"&gt;www.purdue.edu/Admissions/Undergrad/majors/Education/elementaryeducation.shtml]here[/url&lt;/a&gt;]. Click on the blue College of Education link at that top of that page and you'll get the departmental page where you can learn that they are located in Beering Hall.</p>

<p>It's a very complete website, spend some time exploring it and you'll learn most of what you need to know.</p>

<p>Thank you very much.</p>