Congrats to Coach Murphy and the softball team!

<p>After losing game 1 to Stanford yesterday. The girls came back and took both games of the doubleheader today to advance to the Women’s College World Series. </p>

<p>Bama mercy ruled the Tree’s in game 2 winning 10 - 0 in 5 innings. Game 3 was a nail biter that saw Bama score the only run of the game on an RBI triple in the bottom of the 6th. </p>

<p>This is the programs 3rd trip to the world series in the last 4 years. We missed out last year when Malanai & Rose808 jinxed us against Hawaii :-).</p>

<p>Bring home the championship, girls! Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>OMG!!! We watched…just about peeed our pants…it was so exciting. Gotta tell you DD’s best friend plays for Mizzou…we are heading down there today to watch them take on Washington. It is televised on ESPN 2. Mac thinks they will take them :)…we hope so. Mac is a freshman and so has not seen a lot of playing time but has done quite a bot of pitch hitting. Kid’s a beast ! I asked DD what would happen if Bama played Mizzou and she said as much as she and Mac have been best friends since 2nd grade that she was rooting for Bama…atta girl!!! She then gave me one of her sweet smiles and drawled out “Roll Tide Momma”!!!</p>

<p>By the way did y’all know that the pitcher for Stanford, Tegan Gerhart (who is a triplet by the way), is the sister of Stanford running back Toby Gerhart who came in second to Mark Ingram when he won the Heisman in 2009? Double whammy for Stanford and the Gerhart family…so sorry…Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Congrats to Bama softball! I watched the last game and it was fantastic!!</p>

<p>Ahpimommy, I heard that when they talked about it during the game…they were saying Toby would sure appreciate his sister beating Bama…so sorry that didn’t work out for him. :)</p>

<p>Roll tide!</p>

<p>Yes, our loyalties were tested last year. Gotta support the home team, but we always roll with the Tide! That was a great game yesterday. Can’t wait for more!!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>There must be quite a few Bama fans in Hawaii right now. While I was out hiking today I got 6 Roll Tides while sporting my Alabama shirt. I think that’s a record!!!</p>

<p>ahpimommy: Congratulations on your daughters friend and Mizzou making it to the College World Series as well. </p>

<p>I haven’t seen the bracket but based on the seedings I don’t think the two teams would play each other until the championship game. </p>

<p>I’ll be rooting for them in every game unless they play Bama.</p>

<p>We went to Mizzou for the game on Saturday night and watched yesterdays on tv. (DD had to work ). Mac got to PH in both games…struck out in Saturday’s game and popped up yesterday (she’s number 4). How exciting would it be for both to play in the championship…emotional for our house that’s for sure. they leave tonight of Ok City…Mac is excited. We are thinking of maybe trying to go…will depend on DD’s work scheduel (she’s a lifeguard) and DH’s schedule as well…NJ…thanks for rooting for Mizzou… lots of big 12 teams in this, hope they come up short. Wow what a class of young pitchers…Trania for Alabama is one talented girl!!!</p>

<p>Bama just beat Cal 1 - 0 in the first game of the World Series. Sure is nice to be in the winners bracket for a change.</p>

<p>Hopefully, baseball will have some success in the NCAA’s. They play tomorrow in Tallahassee.</p>

<p>That’s a tough regional for the boys. Hopefully they can pull off a minor miracle. I assume Peanut will pitch tomorrow which should give us a decent chance to win game 1.</p>

<p>The girls play Baylor tomorrow night at 7 eastern on ESPN. A win tomorrow would be huge.</p>

<p>Woohoo the girls just beat Baylor 3 - 0. Just have to win one game on Sunday to get in the best of 3 final.</p>

<p>And Peanut Kilcrease led the baseball team to a 5 - 3 opening game win over UCF in their regional. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>Woo Hoo!!! Thankful for more than 1 run…Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Dunn and Traina what a combo!!! ROLL TIDE!!</p>

<p>So excited for the softball team! I am without a TV at the moment, so I had a friend texting me updates every few minutes. Funny how people try to claim Bama is just a football school. ;)</p>