Congratulations! You're a Cane!

<p>jdm-Congrats and welcome to the club. I have a freshman Biochem major living in Hecht-Pentland tower. He loves UM. His RM and close friend were also accepted together, but decided not to room together to meet new people. They are both in the same tower and it seems to have worked out for both. Any questions, please let us know.</p>

<p>Aww... I remember at orientation they kept saying how awesome this years class is and now it seems like next years will be just as good. I really hope this university keeps it up and is able to start becoming REALLY selective... into the 20-25% admitted rate.</p>

<p>aight last week I just got the big orange folder in the mail and I would just like to give hope to the bad test takers out there for the future classes. i got accepted to UM with a 1180 on the SAT and a 3.6 gpa. but anyways, i just got myUM and I cant find where to pay the deposit? can someone help a brotha out?</p>

<p>Option 1: Credit Card</p>

<ol>
<li><p>Go to the CaneID Authentification Service.</p></li>
<li><p>Click on "create a Cane ID" since you are a newly admitted student for the Fall 2006 and have not been assigned a CaneID. You’ll use your CaneID to access all your personal information and business, including the online MyUM system (academic records, financial aid awards, registrations, parking permits, etc.) Now’s a good time to memorize your CaneID!</p></li>
<li><p>Log in using your CaneID and the password you just created.</p></li>
<li><p>Once you're logged in, hit the My Student Menu tab.</p></li>
<li><p>Check under the box labeled Admission. You’ll find a link for paying your non-refundable enrollment deposit.</p></li>
</ol>

<p>Actually it's changed a little bit. </p>

<ol>
<li> Log onto MyUM( if you already have an I.D. and password you created, then you'll see a welcome screen that you've been admitted. (This may not be up yet as it took a couple of days after my son received his packet in the mail for it to show up on MyUM).</li>
<li> On the Home screen or maybe the Student tab under either financial or Academic, there will be a link to go ahead and make your deposit. </li>
<li> After that, you can go to the "Lif at UM" tab and do your housing contract (the earlier you do this, the better priority number you get that sticks with you for all 4 years for housing choice) and you can choose your meal plan.</li>
</ol>