Connecticut College Class of 2027 Official Thread

Oops, typo. My son attends Conn, so that should read “he” not she. I didn’t catch the autofill/typo in time.

2 Likes

Why did your child choose CC over Trinity? I think my dd is down to those two.

Are you or your admitted students receiving anything from Conn College? We are getting emails, mail and even stuff from her other colleges and no contact from them.

Still waiting for an admissions letter or package. My daughter says that on Friday she was emailed an invitation to attend a Camel Day event for admitted students.

I find that some school’s admissions offices communicate a ton, and other schools admissions offices simply put the admitted student information online where it’s easy to find and communicate very little. I take this to be different philosophies.

With Conn, my S23 has gotten almost nothing since acceptance.

My son was admitted EDII and shortly after his acceptance he received a large envelope containing a folder with a map, a Camel Day schedule, and a few other things that I’m forgetting - no swag and he hasn’t received anything since then.

1 Like

You probably won’t receive any swag from Connecticut College. My freshman daughter received a Connecticut College bag and water bottle during the first few days she got to campus last Fall.

1 Like

Last year we received a large envelope with the letter, aid, etc. Also had campus information, and a flyer for camel day. We did get a few stickers, but that was mainly it.

2 Likes

My daughter just got the admissions packet yesterday.

1 Like

I know a current junior who is studying at Conn who I connected with whilst looking at Conn last year, and he loves it! He said the professors are amazing, the people are genuine and friendly and that it’s a great community!

Just wondering but where else are other people/students considering besides Conn?

2 Likes

My daughter has to make a final decision among ConnColl, Mt Holyoke, and U Maine.

Congrats!! That sounds like a good problem to have.

Where’s she inclined more? I’m curious as I’ve been waitlisted at Conn and would love to be there

Right now it’s really up in the air–we are going to visit all three campuses in the next two weeks. Good luck!

All the best! Keep us posted with the decisions :slight_smile:

1 Like

After one visit, D23 knew her first choice was to be a class of 27 Camel. She loved the campus and felt pretty strongly that these were “my people.” She still talks about the faculty for the classes she had the opportunity to audit. So excited for her next chapter. She was accepted ED1 and will be studying biology and swimming.

4 Likes

I am an international student. Waitlisted applicant. I emailed my admission counselor. She said as of right now, I do not need to submit any extra materials. You should keep in touch with them and update them about any achievements or progress.

My D was was admitted RD to Conn College - we haven’t toured. Live in CO. Could you please comment on outdoor activities near by - she is quite taken with school from what she’s read/seen online. She LOVES to ski and hike and just be outside. Also school vibe - she goes to parties but doesn’t drink; is quite social. Gosh, anything you can share - good, bad, indifferent - will be helpful! Other schools she’s considering are Whitman and St. Lawrence. THANKS!

We’re also from Colorado, I’ve lived in CT in the past, and my D23 applied to and was accepted to Conn College, so I think I can help you out? When we toured, we really liked it. Campus is beautiful, and the arboretum is a huge plus. I think your D would be comfortable with the vibe – it’s not a hard-partying culture, but there are plenty of social events happening on campus. It’s also pretty easy to get to either NYC or Boston for a bigger scene (there’s an Amtrak station right in New London). Campus is a little out of the way – you need to drive to get into town, but Conn College offers students a few Uber passes per month (and maybe a regular shuttle?) so they can go into town, run errands, etc. I don’t remember their policy re: cars on campus, but I seem to recall that first-years can’t bring a car. As to outdoor activity, there’s definitely skiing in CT (not Colorado-scale, but enough for a casual day trip, and VT/NH are not far for a weekend trip), and plenty of hiking in all parts of the state – I used to go every weekend I could, spring through fall, when I lived there. You’d need a car to access most of this, however. My advice: look into whether Conn College has an active outing club, because that’s how students might gain access to all of the outdoor recreation Connecticut has to offer.

For the record, my D ended up choosing another school, but we really did like Conn College a lot, and my S26 has it high on his list (he tagged along for a lot of our daughter’s college tours, so he’s thinking about this early).

2 Likes

Thanks…appreciate the intel on the campus. Will do some looking into the outdoor club. I think she’ll come to terms on the skiing and maybe pick up cross country if she does go East.

1 Like