Considering UM

<p>Hey guys! Well I just registered to College Confidential and it looks like a helpful community so why not give it a shot. I'm only a junior right now but UM is one of my top colleges I'll most likely be applying to next year. Here's how i stand so far:</p>

<p>3.535- unweighted GPA
4.543- weighted GPA- almost top 5% of class in the weighted category </p>

<p>I can't give you any SAT scores right now because I'm taking it March 1. Any advice would be helpful on how I stand so far and what I should do to stay on track. Thanks!</p>

<p>University of Michigan? University of Miami? University of Minnesota?.......</p>

<p>University of Miami.</p>

<p>Get into that top 5% and stay there!</p>

<p>Take the ACT also, UM takes people from all over the country. You might do better on it.</p>

<p>What's your ECs besides football (a guess given your screen name)?</p>

<p>Yea your right about football, but I also run track. I got a form to be inducted into our National Honor Society so thats something I'll be doing and I'll also be doing a lot of community service this summer. That's all I do for now.</p>

<p>Sounds good. Don't spread yourself too far and try for leadership positions or areas of special recognition in the ECs you are pursuing. Prep for the SAT and keep your grades up. Your on track.</p>