Construction on Campus a problem?

<p>Ok, so I went on to the university’s construction management website to see what type of construction is going on campus. I started to see that the University Center is gonna be heavily remodeled, new Richter library addition, Alumni Center, and various other really nice buildings coming up.
Here are my questions:</p>

<li><p>all these new remodelationa nd construction, how are they gonna disrupt everyday life. The UC center and the library are two places i plan on frequenting quite often. How will it affect me? Does the school do anything to not disrupt student life or ppl will have to suck it up? or do u pretty much have to suck it up?</p></li>
<li><p>Have any of you seen any action in new construction/remodelation this year. the list of current porject status I saw is quite outdated so im not sure the current status. Has the University told any of you about construction and like by what date will these buildings be ready?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I don't think thats happening for quite a while...UMCAD wasnt approved, it has to be revoted on</p>

<p>wat does that mean?</p>

<p>last i heard,all those reconstruction plans weren't approved by Coral Gables - the project is called UMCAD</p>

<p>All the dorm remodeling goes on in the summer as well. And the Cox overhaul, which son said was much needed but a pain, is being done gradually as well. The thing is...they were building the new Music library when son was a freshman, and he said he didn't notice any inconvenience at all. If and when they do the new UC, I'm betting that you won't be inconvienced much, seeing how most of it are things important to everyday life....</p>

<p>The approvals from the city just went through this week. The school is very good at integrating construction and everyday activities, you should be fine.</p>

<p>so My3sons, from experience, now that the approvals went through, do they start off immediately normal or its another year before they start? it would be kool to have the new UC center while im still in college :D</p>

<p>I'm not sure about the timeframe. The plan approvals are just the first step in a long complicated building process, but the projects are moving in the right diretion.</p>

<p>yea I just found the article :D</p>

<p><a href="http://media.www.thehurricaneonline.com/media/storage/paper479/news/2007/03/30/News/City-Gives.Unanimous.Approval.To.Um.Master.Plan-2813251.shtml%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://media.www.thehurricaneonline.com/media/storage/paper479/news/2007/03/30/News/City-Gives.Unanimous.Approval.To.Um.Master.Plan-2813251.shtml&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>heres what Donna Shalala says:
Shalala said she is happy to know that the new construction projects will soon be started.
"I think it is a very good first step," she said. "In think we will able to get the Student [Activity] Center, among other projects, done in a very quick time frame." </p>

<p>Hopefully her pronostications are right.
Also on the 2006 UM Presidential report it said that the family center for entrepreneurship should be open by 2009.</p>