Contacting selective boarding school's music director

Hii! I have a strong passion for music and I want to continue to pursue my music interests in the boarding schools. I want to contact the music director, however I could not find their email. Should I contact the school’s email to ask for their email or should I ask help from my interviewer? And in what way should I ask them…I don’t really know how I should format my email

1 Like

Since the application deadline has past you should definitely email your interviewer. I’m not trying to be rude or anything but if you’re applying to some of the most selective boarding schools in U.S, you should at least know how to format a simple email about asking for the contact information of someone. Here’s a rough draft of how an email would look like:

Dear (Person),

I’m interested in blah blah blah. I wanted to contact the music director of the school, but couldn’t find his contact information anywhere and I am just emailing to see if you can connect me with him or any of his contact info.

Warmly,

(Name)

Obviously the email would be more formal and use better grammar, but the email should be something along the lines of that IMO.

oh thank you so muchhh…ofc i know how to format the email but I’m not sure what to ask would be the most polite, thank you so much

1 Like

Keep in mind as well that many of these schools will bounce emails especially with attachments from outside mail systems if they have not contacted you initially.