Continues to impress

<p>S2 is in high school. Went to his curriculum fair last night, and ran into S1’s favorite teacher. S1 had him for 4 years of engineering classes, plus he was coach of his volleyball team, so they became close over the years. Teacher says he recently got a letter from the dean of the Alabama honors college, thanking him for being such a great influence on this wonderful student. </p>

<p>A college dean thanking a high school teacher a thousand miles away for a job well done? Teacher was shocked. And impressed. So am I.</p>

<p>Yep, that’s the UA touch: stunning! Well done!</p>

<p>I challenge parents to look for ways to pay it back to UA, by doing similar things. The art of the hand-written letter is almost dead. UA is determined to keep it alive! :)</p>

<p>Dr. Sharpe never ceases to amaze. My son met with him this week to discuss internships and was so blown away by the care he received that he (privately) now refers to him as “thebomb.com”…:)</p>

<p>Chardo: Your son was probably asked to fill out a form (that is given to freshmen) Re: a teacher that has influenced him in a positive way, a HS Teacher nomination form. That may have been the catalyst for the letter. I was amazed that UA did this, and that the Dean takes the time to compose these letters</p>

<p>I am so impressed with everything UA does! We loved our handwritten postcard from Dr. Sharpe this summer, and the handwritten note from the honors college after our visit! I’m so excited that my daughter finally picked Bama . . . it just took her awhile!</p>