Cookies with raisins are great . . . if you weren’t expecting chocolate chips

<p>To secure Honors Housing: First apply to UA itself. If accepted, pay the non-refundable enrollment deposit. Next, send in your housing deposit. [Freshman</a> Enrollment Deposit - Undergraduate Admissions - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/deposit/]Freshman”>Freshman Deposit – Admissions) . Pay particular attention to the deadlines. The process is well documented. For the ethics, I’ll let someone else handle that.</p>

<p>Almostlimitless, the minute that you can pay the housing deposit online, do so! We paid both deposits within the first hour. D’s housing selection time slot was the first day 4th time slot.</p>

<p>Check out this opinion: [The</a> Common App Threat | College Advisor Blog](<a href=“http://collegevideos.■■■■■■■■■■■■■/2011/10/24/the-common-app-threat/]The”>The Common App Threat | College Advisor Blog)</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>UA needs to make some changes with regard to this issue. i honestly think the school has gotten too big to require (and to be able to accomodate) freshman being required to live on campus.</p>

<p>there are a number of things that they could do, though.</p>

<p>they could drop the requirement that freshman have to live on campus.</p>

<p>they could make more housing honors housing.</p>

<p>they could raise the requirements for the honors college so that less would qualify for honors housing.</p>

<p>they could do away with all the housing preference they give to students so that expectations aren’t so high. other schools i am familiar with let you select a dorm OR a roommate, not both. then they assign you to a room based on your choices. you can hope for a suite room, but you may not get it. your dorm is ASSIGNED based on your preferences and that’s that. requests are filled based on when you paid the housing deposit, and, you don’t find out where you will be living or who your roommate is until JULY.</p>

<p>i am sure there are several other things that could be considered, as well, but … it is time for some change.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>So has anyone heard how big this incoming class is? I would expect it to be bigger than last year’s class (which was bigger than the one before it, which was bigger than the one before that), but is it THAT much larger?</p>

<p>^^ Agree with MikeW’s points - there are several things that UA can consider in order to change the status quo. All good possibilities.</p>

<p>How many students are in their Honors College?</p>