Cool Madison/UW photo panoramic view

<p>From Picnic Point on the UW Campus</p>

<p>Panoramic</a> Photographs - Lakeshore Nature Preserve</p>

<p>Sigh, wish I was there. Remember to go to a full size view, keeping your mouse on the pointer keeps the sweep going- I wish they did it for the end of Picnic Point like the rest of them. Students- do make the lakeshore path and out to the tip of Picnic Point one of those things you do before classes start, then every so often to refresh your soul. Ambitious people can walk to and through the arboratum as well.</p>

<p>This is great</p>

<p>(Actually looking for another top choice, and this definately reminds me of reasons why I’m considering UW-Madison to be one)</p>

<p>Weird how from that angle the UW hospitals look like they are right behind the boathouse. Camera tricks.</p>

<p>Oh, my goodness, those are breathtaking. How far is UW from Marquette? Hope my son can take weekend trips there to see that campus. Heck, I’m tempted to go there myself after I drop him off. I think if I went there for college, I wouldn’t get a lick of work done. I’d spend all my time on that overlook. Just awesome!</p>

<p>It’s a lot less attractive in February . . . but it is a great school.</p>

<p>Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I’ll bet it’s brutal with that lake in the winter. Small price to pay, though. Absolutely gorgeous!</p>

<p>Milwaukee (Marquette campus) is around 75 miles from Madison- straight west on I 94 for a 1 1/2 or so hour trip. </p>

<p>The lake is small enough and downhill behind some trees- no wind effect or “lake effect snow” for the campus. Winter has its own beauty.</p>

<p>I like visiting the campus, we have made trips to it for the scenery when we’ve been to Madison- fun to walk the lakeshore path as well as see the view from Observatory Drive.</p>