Coordinating fee payment sources

<p>Hello, everyone! Long-time listener, first time caller…</p>

<p>I have a payment/fees question:</p>

<p>Daughter will be a Freshman in Fall 2012 (first kid in college), and will be attending Bama Bound on July 3. We have a few sources of payment, and I’m not sure how to coordinate them, and I have some questions I was wondering if anyone here has had experience with:</p>

<ol>
<li>We will be paying with student loans, family contribution and my employer’s tuition assistance plan.</li>
</ol>

<p>(It’s a long, fluffy story, but you’ll notice the word “scholarship” isn’t in there because she didn’t decide she wanted to apply to UA until Dec. 2. Why YES! that is ONE DAY after the scholarship, but I digress…)</p>

<ol>
<li><p>We will probably need to pay what’s left with either deferment or an installment plan.</p></li>
<li><p>If she doesn’t attend Bama Bound/register/get a fee total until July 3, how would I set up payments in the installment plan to begin in June? Is it done on anticipated expenses? Anticipated credits, also?</p></li>
<li><p>My employer will be paying a percentage of the tuition, but they don’t pay until the end of drop/add. How does Student Receivables know where to apply the student loan since tuition funds as described wouldn’t be there yet, and the loan money and our contribution would need to be applied to the other fees.</p></li>
<li><p>If we use the Bama Plan, is there an option to pay online manually (i.e. not automatically deducted)?</p></li>
</ol>

<p>I’m sure I have more questions, I just don’t know what they are, yet…thanks!</p>