Core Curriculum Questions

SO DD is playing around with her schedule builder ahead of her orientation this week. Her major is BA psychology. She already has credits for EN 101, EN 102 and PSY 101. All of the literature classes and history classes she likes are already full. Does anyone have good recommendations for classes that she could take or could look into? Right now she is looking at EN 201, SP 101, MA 112 AND TH 114…

Have you looked at the UH classes? Some satisfy particular core curriculum requirements (UH 105 - SB, UH 300 - W)…

Okay, “already full” could mean one of two things:

(1) They’re saving seats for incoming freshmen and there will be openings when it’s time for her to register; or

(2) The classes are actually full, so she needs to sign up for something else for right now, but save the time slot in her schedule so she can grab a seat in her preferred class when it comes available over the next month or two.

And, yes, things do open up - you just have to check the course openings frequently, and then act quickly when something opens up!

If she’s in the Honors College, I always suggest looking at the offerings under UH 120, UH 155, and UH 300. If she’s not, there are lots of other options. I know public speaking is a good class, but I’ll be darned if I can remember what the course number is . . . maybe someone else knows?

Aha . . . COM 123!

Thank you for your helpful replies! We are looking through the catalogue as we speak :slight_smile: