Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son has access to only application status page; no idea how to access financial aid status. He is also RD-Fall2023

Go to finaid.Cornell.edu and you’ll see “Application status” on the bottom of the page.

1 Like

Update:
My son tried again and now it’s back to the original FA screen of a “to do list”.

1 Like

I have access to a bunch of info in people soft. It has all his demographics, etc. it’s letting me click on something called student center.

3 Likes

I take it everyone has access to this? Figured it was pre-populated for all applicants.

2 Likes

Nope! We don’t have that at all. And my son is an applicant. His to do list says nothing to add, then, I clicked around a bit and got this but it says inquiry access denied.

1 Like

Do you have a special parent login for peoplesoft?

No, that’s his.

Only worked on iphone - the Home Screen I describe below did not show up on computer or iPad browsers.

From that screen above (in boyflutemom post), hit the three dots on the upper right for preferences. Once there hit 3 dots again in upper right and there is a Home Screen button that takes you to the screen shown above.

In that section is a whole bunch of demographic info and links. I also can’t get to any financial aid info.

Son applied RD.

2 Likes

I just did what you said on a phone and it worked but it’s probably some sort of glitch

2 Likes

Agree, it seems like it. Thanks for checking.

2 Likes

Ok. I followed your instructions and did indeed get to that page as well. Not sure what to make of it. I even got access to the studentessentials.cornell.edu

Me too; I even reserved a study room at the library :joy::joy:.

Just to clarify, I just clicked on the tab and it pulled up the times available to reserve. I obviously didn’t confirm a reservation.

3 Likes

Another thread from class of 2025 says that when it gets close to decision release time (within hours) some people can see their financial aid package early in that student center finance tab. For others the financial aid package isn’t posted until a few days after acceptance.

1 Like

Lets not jump the process
 it may back fire in case it triggers some anti-hacking scripts

Cornell RD decison is not due until Ivy day. So, no point in spending time on that portal.

6 Likes

My DS got an email instructing him to check his financial aid status and sent us a link. That’s how I got the first screenshot following their instructions.

I never thought to open it on mobile and clcik the three buttons but they did send applicants to the portal so they at least expect our students to be in the system. They need credentials to even access it.

But I agree, I felt weird seeing all these things and exited just in case as you said it triggers something Yikes :tired_face::blush:

1 Like

Users whose first post is to announce an acceptance before Cornell releases decisions or who spreads misinformation like Ivy Day is tomorrow (it’s not) will be viewed as troIIs and banned. Which is what just happened.

6 Likes

Doesn’t cornell send likely letters? some people may have heard about an acceptance through that.

Yes, but that was not what the troII was announcing.

4 Likes