Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Yes, you can be on as many waitlists as you want.

2 Likes

Yes, you can accept multiple wait list offers.

1 Like

Thank you!! Good luck to all in the future

2 Likes

Absolutely. My son wait-listed at 2 schools until he received the transfer option. He then declined the other offer.

it looks like that, for me at least. Cornell is a little finicky with financial aid packages from what Iā€™ve researched. So mine hasnā€™t come yet.

waitlisted

1 Like

Waitlisted. 1550+ SAT, 3.9+GPA, 15+ APs, some humanities/research/olympiad ECs. Got a note from music professor saying my playing was some of the best he heard this year in music supplements, guess it really is meaningless though. Got into Yale so itā€™s all good though, although I loved Ithaca

6 Likes

Wow 68,000 applicants!

DS waitlisted to CoE. Heā€™s good with that!

You will have to re apply for aid next year then it will update.

1 Like

My son was waitlisted. 36 ACT, 13 APs, EC, work experience, Eagle Scout, tutoring, orchestra, brother is student at Cornell vet school. Received four waitlist responses in total and a few rejections from top schools.

1 Like

I was accepted and it looks the same for me. I read that Cornell will send financial aid packages early April

1 Like

Kind of surprised how many are willing to play the waitlist and transfer game. Waitlist just prolongs the likely ultimate rejection and even our local community colleges get trasfers to Cornell every year after Cornell attrition. Everybody applying to Cornell has likely gotten many other good offers. We moved on to just as good options and wonā€™t play that game. Good luck if you want to play.

3 Likes

Hey are you sure that if you maintain a good average at a state university you can transfer to Cornell after the first year. I donā€™t really mean to sound egotistical but given my stats and ECs I really expected better but Iā€™ve been waitlisted or rejected from nearly every school I applied to, but now Iā€™m probably gonna have to attend Stony Brook next year. But Iā€™m hoping to transfer over after the first year since stony is a state university right?

1 Like

Were you offered the transfer option?

Accepted; College of Engineering (I canā€™t believe it, I feel like this is a dream) Biomedical engineering

Test scores : 1500 super score (720 rw 780 math)

Gpa: 98 UW 101.624 W

ECS very very mid : a few leadership positions (sci oly, glsen, NHS), helped/started a few club fundraisers. I crochet in my free time and donate the projects to hospitals and womenā€™s shelters. and last summer, almost every day, I worked with a student with learning disabilities to teach him how to read.

LORs : AP physics teacher (she was also my regents physics teacher and sci oly advisor) sheā€™s like my bestie and I think it was really good. Alg 2 teacher (my school fā€™ed me over in middle school and with covid summer classes werenā€™t really any option, so in order to take calc senior year she vouched for me to take it and skip precalc) she loves me and it probably was really good

Essays: Common app (rewrote the entire thing like 2 days before) but I honestly really liked it? it was honest and fun imo. Cornell essays (1st talked about literally like one aspect of Cornell engineering specifically and then talked about a bunch of other things about Cornell that I liked (bee keeping club, student run food pantry, ecology house, etc) | 2nd I talked about how both my parents have a degenerative eye disease, how my dad has gone blind in one eye, and how I am more likely to get it, and some of the solutions I would want to come up with degenerative tissue diseases)

Iā€™m literally shaking right now, it feels fake. sorry about the format, Iā€™m not really in the condition to be writing right now!!

11 Likes

If you received the transfer option itā€™s guaranteed as long as you meet the requirements. If you plan to re apply as a transfer that is completely different.

2 Likes

thank god Iā€™m not the only one :sob:

I didnā€™t receive it. Are my chances of getting in as a transfer very low then?

1 Like

It depends on the college you applied to. You can always reach out to admissions and ask them about applying again next year as a transfer.

1 Like

College of Arts and Sciences