Cornell Class of 2027 Official Thread

Were you waitlisted or rejected?
If you did not get the guaranteed transfer option, then you would most likely apply as a transfer student next fall as you would to transfer to any other college.

Thereā€™s always a chance if you try.

It depends how yo approach it. Some people sign up and basically move on, invest in their sure thing and then its a pleasant surprise if the unlikely happens. I agree that those that consider it a viable maybe and pine for it to happen while not investing in their probable school are likely just subjecting themselves to pain.

2 Likes

D23 accepted. Weā€™re super excited.

Also accepted at UCLA, UC Berkeley, GA Tech, UNC Chapel Hill and UGA.
Waitlisted at Harvard, Princeton, UPenn, Columbia and Dartmouth
Waiting on Stanford and Duke
Rejected at Yale(REA deferred) and Brown

7 Likes

Tks to NJKidsMom

1 Like

Son waitlisted! Congrats to all admitted! :tada:

Good luck to everyone on the close of this application season! Phew!!

6 Likes

Did anyone get the FA award letter? It still says access denied for us when we try to view financial aid

1 Like

I didnā€™t either. I read on the Cornell website that Cornell will email you when your FA award letter is ready (sometime early April)

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Officially Admitted :partying_face: does anybody see the financial aid info?

4 Likes

Waitlisted College of Engineering. 35 ACT/3.93 uw GPA (no Bā€™s). Good but not exceptional ECā€™s including research, sports, leading clubs, accomplished martial artist, volunteering, part of a really cool club making planes.
Private college results are disappointing: applied to 14, 7 rejections, 3 acceptances (BU, WPI, RIT), 3 waitlists (CMU, Cornell, Northeastern), 1 pending.
Luckily got into engineering at great public universities: UIUC, Purdue, Georgia Tech, and UC Berkeley today, plus UCLA last week.
By the way, maybe the portal astrology was right. Was able to see the waitlist form and is waitlisted. @akashi23

1 Like

I donā€™t think so, I had that option since applying and I was accepted. Portal astrology is honestly pure conjecture to aid the anxiety :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Does anyone know how the waitlist works? Is it ranked?

3 Likes

Waitlstedā€¦

For accepted students in your financial aid portal when you click on home on one of the boxes does it tell you that you have a Cornell Email and/or ID?

1 Like

Son, ACCEPTED! OOS, College of Engineering (Comp Sci)ā€¦gonna scramble a visit in here somehow, but thinking this is the ONE!

4 Likes

Daughter also accepted (international/College of Arts and Letters) with Likely Letter and Milstein Program. Waitlisted at Dartmouth, Amherst and Harvard, accepted at Middlebury and rejected Brown (aber being defered ED), Yale Princeton, UPenn. ā€“ so happy, will be wonderful, this was so crazy and unpredictable. I donā€™t count on Stanford and Duke tomorrow, but glad as is.

2 Likes

Yes, same exact letter for us

2 Likes

Accepted CALS (animal science)

Son accepted at College of Arts & Sciences (CS intended).
International, IB diploma (predicted 43/45), 3x AIME etc.
Accepted : Cornell, Georgia Tech, Purdue, U Maryland, UMD Wisconsin, UCI, UCSD, UMass Amherst and Rutgers
Waitlisted : UCLA, UPenn, Columbia
Rejected: UIUC, UCB
Now need to decide between Cornell and Georgia tech

6 Likes