Cornell University Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

Mine says submitted too ;(

Ah my counselor did paper forms so I can’t see

What optional report?

My parent for just says submitted. :sob::sob::sob:

Optional report is first quarter grades

Does anyone’s parent agreement actually say “downloaded”? I have looked at multiple forums and everyone says their agreement is marked as “submitted.” It would be a statistical anomaly if everyone with “submitted” has been rejected

Did they request that? We did not initiate the submission

Yes, your counselor automatically submits it if Cornell asks for it. For example, if you didn’t do great Junior year and they want to see how you are doing in Senior year, they request it sometimes.

Mine says submitted but I just checked other forms and some had submitted and were accepted and vice versa so it might not mean anything. I wouldn’t read into the optional report tho because mine was submitted to schools I haven’t applied to yet and wouldn’t have any reason to ask for them. Idek what my GC would submit tho cuz there’s only two grades on my progress report for some reason

1 Like

Does anyone know the acceptance rate of each school ?

1 Like

I’m so scared the waiting kills me. I applied to ILR. Does anyone know if my IEO medal can help my application. I need a lot of aid and I’m international btw. Thank u so much.

What’s IEO? I have never heard of it before.

It’s the international economics olympiad host by china this year.

Oh, then it would boost your application for sure. But I doubt if that boost will be as significant as the one that is provided by winning IMO or something.

1 Like

I applied ED to ILR too!

A Chance me! would really be appreciated

Applying ED to ILR

Demographic: Southeast Asian in gifted language school

Academics (strong):

GPA: 9.4/10 (9.9-10/10 in History, Geography, and Civics)

SAT: 1560 (800M, 760E)

No APs

ECs and Research

• Research with the Ministry of Foreign Affair on Economics (public book on research)
  • Research with the University of Education on Psychology (Children with ADHD and Education)
  • President of School Debate Club and Gifted Schools Debate Association
  • Organizing Committee of National and Worlds Debating Championship
  • Founder of Voluntary Projects (free computers to uni students, free hand sanitizer in COVID-19,
)
  • Founding member of a cultural preservation project
  • Core team and Head Editor of 2 media projects on raising awareness with 7k followers on IG

Awards

• Eurasian Schools Debating Championship - Top 7 Best Speaker and Top speakers in other National and International Championships
  • International Willkommen Foreign Language Competition - Third Prize
  • Global Etiquette Olympiads - Gold Award & Perfect Score
  • KGL International English Olympiads - Commended Candidate
  • International Youth Math Challenge - Pre-finalist

Essays

• Common App on War - Banality of Evil and the Preservation of History
  • Supplemental on Minority Representation and Binary (Dichotomy)

Recs: History teacher (10/10), Language teacher (10/10), Debate coach (9/10)

Do you think I have a chance?

Did u get an alumni interview ?

I heard that there was no alumni interview for ILR and could not find any link possible for that.

I had an interview, it was non-evaluative. They contacted me for it.

I just asked my counselor and she sent me an email from Cornell admissions asking for my first quarter grades. Hopefully this is a good sign, but I’m still not sure if it will help me much

1 Like