Cornell waitlist 2027

Thanks everyone for reporting or posting their status. Let us get through it together.

Congrats!!!

I hope CoE updates today like a miracle, please

Cornell certainly likes to confuse students with all these emails. My son received the CoE confirm your interest/short essay about your major last Friday, but nothing since. It seemed like there were a few people (here and on Reddit) that received an offer either Fri or Mon.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think so. It is F and past 5 pm already.

You are correct. 2 off the waitlist on CC. How many have you seen off waitlist on Reddit? I am tracking it. Thanks.

1 Like

What Reddit Cornell links are you guys following? Is it possible to post here?

Same I received it Thursday and responded Saturday still nothing.

To be fair, CoE didnā€™t confuse students. It says that ā€œIf we are able to make an offer, ā€¦ yo will receive an emailā€¦ā€

It doesnā€™t say by filling out the form that you would accept our offer if we extend it to you.

So CoEā€™s instruction is clear.

1 Like

I think the process is more confusing than being accepted :sob:

To be honest, I think we parents make it more confusing. Decisions were made on Ivy Day. No offer is Cornellā€™s way of politely saying, ā€œmove onā€ ā€” hanging on to the hope of a waitlist offer is probably foolish. Although we all hang on to the hope that it will be our kidā€¦ the likelihood is very low.

4 Likes

I hope my daughter also gets email in next round. She really wants to go to Cornell. Thanks and Good luck to you.

Just realized that the other acceptance I saw was on FB group Paying for College not Reddit. Iā€™m just saying that the process overall is confusing - accept waitlist, then verify waitlist and write ANOTHER essay, then possibly get another email and confirm that you would like an offer within 24 hours? I mean they being very careful to ensure that they are not rejected while simultanously toying with a lot of students.

2 Likes

I understand your frustration. We are in the same boat.
Just want to verify: about what you saw on FB group Paying for College, is it a students off waitlist from CoE at Cornell? So I can update my tracking. Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification, we did submit LOCI. Will see what the future holds.

They didnā€™t specify the college but received the email last Friday asking student to reconfirm major and write the essay about their major choice.

Everyone who applied for CoE got the email. Then no one got off the waitlist from CoE on FB Paying for College. Thanks for clarifying. Let me know if I am incorrect.

1 Like

Kids would be happy to go where they go. However, parents know that it would make a big difference in terms of their college experiences if they go to a different school. Even though the end result of their achievements is not determined by which school they go to or even remotely related to that, going to a resourceful school helps a lot.

2 Likes

Sorry. They got an email last Friday, submitted the form, then student received offer on Monday. No indication which college was involved.

1 Like

Thank you, Siennacat 4. It must be CoE.