Cornell waitlist 2027

They just want to finish their work ASAP.

1 Like

No, but at this late date they don’t want to waste more time making offers to people who are no longer interested.

1 Like

My son got the CAS email at 4 EST today asking to confirm his interest in staying on the waitlist. He had already submitted his LOCI.

3 Likes

I was responding directly to a post that mentioned yield.

Just email, the email said it was only asking if I was still interested, and specifically said that it was not a guaranteed offer of admission

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me, I had already submitted a LOCI weeks ago, and then today I got the email from CAS

1 Like

Does the CDS “Number of wait-listed students admitted” figure include the ones who got the transfer option?

Does anybody knows if Cornell really takes CALS applicants off from the waitlist? I haven’t seen anybody heard anything from CALS yet. Did they take CALS applicants off from waitlist last year? Or they were just good at making predictions on how many students would come each year.

What I am fearful in the next few days will be that CoE posts that this application season has closed.

It’d be pretty strange, considering the process barely even started. I doubt this is happening :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a good point, I had the same question. I wonder if the Cornell AO will tell.

I looked back at 2026 waitlist thread and CALS was the latest to do any offers and I only saw 2 - those were both May 11th. Then, in June there were a handful of transfer offers given to a few CALS students. (Recognizing that it’s a small group still on CC in June - there may have been other offers who did not come back to CC to post.)

Suffice to say - slim chances :cry:

The previous year had a series of students getting off from around May 4 to May 13 at CAS. I believe Cornell sent decisions now and then during that time frame

1 Like

May be the prospective students who are offered the TO count towards the number of transfers accepted the following year and not towards the Waitlist offers / accepts, I am not sure just guessing

I come here to get info and for a little hope and am going to remain helpful!

Yes, agreed the process is just beginning.

1 Like

Have any CALS waitlists hear anything from Cornell?

I am. very sad and hopeless

Hi everyone, just an update regarding the estimates of the number off the waitlist, and the doom and gloom some are feeling. When I looked at the data again last week, I found some things that I hadn’t seen before so I could more accurately model. Such things as ED yield rates (pretty solid around 97% over a lot of years) and WL yield rates (more variable and only 3 years data ~70-90%), and more importantly the full numbers to directly calculate the regular admit yield rates. Doing all that I have to downgrade the number accepted to 200, but that would still be one of the highest years. So there’s reason to be down at this point. As someone pointed out lots have already dropped out so the acceptance rates for those who stick it through are higher than the published rates. Also, I read in one of the forums that having a parent call the admin office can help (a form of continued interest). From years past, looks like May 2 will be the day, so be sure to check your spam/junk folders too. Good luck!

2 Likes

Wow
 our high school counselor would never allow a parent to call a college AO - they won’t even call :flushed:.

3 Likes