Cornell waitlist 2027

How could they tell that it was a parent of a specific student calling unless the parent tells them lol?

Do you know what major the CALS kid is?

1 Like

I really hope Monday wasnā€™t the only day for acceptances. I received the email but it went to my spam and I didnā€™t see it for a while. And then I was busy with schoolwork and couldnā€™t finish the prompt till Wednesday.

The AG school (CALS) or Arts and Science (CAS)?

2 Likes

Understood. ā€œAs soon as you are ableā€ scared us as well. And it is not fair. Some didnā€™t check spam; some had obligations in school, etc.

2 Likes

has anyone heard anything about ILR?

Has anyone looked back at previous years to see how many people who got the additional CAS email ended up receiving acceptances vs how many didnā€™t? I do see posters in previous years who were asked to confirm that didnā€™t get offers. :frowning:

Could you post a link for that? I havenā€™t seen that

How common is the transfer option? I havenā€™t found any statistics, just want to hear your opinion

There are a few links. I searched ā€œCornell waitlistā€ and ā€œCornell waitlist 2027ā€. I got results on CC and Reddit.

Well, assuming that the parent is calling about their waitlisted kid - youā€™d have to tell them who your kid isā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Looking at last yearā€™s thread, it looks like those who got the continued interest email 4/29 and 5/2 were all admitted - there was no 4/21 wave like this year. There was another continued interest email that went out on 5/11 last year where some were admitted, while others got the TO. I guess weā€™ll see if they stick with a similar pattern this year

I thought everyone on the waitlist got that continuing interest form on 4/21

Our CALS applicant did not.

Iā€™m talking about the CAS continued interest emails! I believe it was CoE that sent out their interest emails to everyone?

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

anyone keeping track of how many received offers from CAS so far?

Maybe Iā€™m just over analyzing things. This CAS confirmation email on Friday just threw us for a loop. Son is waitlisted at his 3 top schools and itā€™s been pretty stressful with May 1st being tomorrow. His brother went to Cornell but got in regular decision. That was pre-Covid and getting into college has totally changed.

As far as I know only a few have actually received offers and it was 2 Fridays ago or last Monday, and then a few more CAS waitlists were sent an email confirming interest on the most recent Friday and historically it seems that those who got that email should receive admission on Monday, however in the email they specifically said that filling out the survey does not guarantee an offer of admission, so really the only offers have been a few from like around 7 days ago, and there might be more tomorrow

1 Like

Did your son get the CAS confirmation email on Friday?

1 Like