Cornell waitlist 2027

From previous years it looks like offers are made a couple of days after the continued interest email. But there should be multiple waves of the continued interest email so it’s not completely over yet

1 Like

Are we expecting more acceptances for COE or not considering there may have been 2 waves already

So far on this thread I believe there are 2 who received the CAS email on Friday, 4/28. My son and 1 other. My son has not received anything since that email and I have not heard of any other CAS applicants coming off waitlist today.

Edit:
*plus someone posted that there is a person that they know that also got the email on the 28th.

Thanks

I don’t think there were any waves for CoE. Only 4 individual offers:

4/21 (F)
4/24, 4/24 (M)
5/1 (M)

1 Like

Thanks for your in-depth knowledge.

Looks like a couple people on this thread + one person on reddit got an email on Friday, 4/21 as well. They all seem to have received official offers

Hi I’m still on the waiting list for Nolan… any info about his acceptance WOUKD be great. Did he get a letter to confirm interest last week and then an update to the portal today. Also what time did he get accepted

1 Like

if anyone gets anything from human ecology, pls let me know!!

What do you mean?

Yes, I was just referring to the most current group that got the emails on Friday the 28th. I haven’t seen any acceptances yet from that group.

2 Likes

My son received the 4/21 CoE email, submitted the form and extra essay, but no offer.

both

right - the ones I know of from 4/28 have not received accepted emails yet…

1 Like

There are broadly speaking following tracks within BME:

• biomechanics: intersection with MechE.
  • bioinformatics : intersection with data science and CS (hottest field for jobs)
  • biomaterials : intersection with materials science and ChemE - a field that is in early stages of innovation/research. Tissue engineering/cellular engineering can also be considered part of this
  • biodevices/instrumentation: intersection with EE
    A few schools have very strong BME programs in all (Duke, JHU, WashU, Pitt) whereas newer programs including those at Ivies such as Brown are developing vs more mature (see Cornell BME website which clearly states it is in formative stages) and strong at fewer tracks. Cornell eg has stronger program in biomaterials than in others. CMU has probably the best one for Bioinformatics and good ones in other tracks (they collaborate with Pitt)

So which program is better depends on which track one is most interested in. Hopefully this makes sense.

1 Like

Thank you very much for sharing. Very informative and educational. I didn’t even see the U of Pitt is ranked on usnews for biomed. Why is that?

I will direct message you…

DM me…

this is true, my friend and i who got the email on friday 4/28 have not yet heard anything back

From CAS?

2 Likes