Cornell waitlist 2027

Me and I believe another person off this thread got off yesterday. Hoping you get off!

Congrats on Cornell! Did you call the admissions office or upload any materials besides a LOCI?

Good to know. Thanks!

This is really surprising. CAS represents about 30% of the student body, so it would mean WL for all Cornell colleges would be >300.

Regarding the waves: May 2 they send out the letters, and give you 5 days to respond. That with the weekend, makes a week, so you have these waves each week, but each one gets smaller. The Wl yield rate last year was around 82%, so out of those 100, there will be 18 who reject Cornell. The unknown is what their target was out of those 100, was it 100 or 82, or something in between? That determines the size of the second wave for CAS (0-18).

2 Likes

@UVGrad1 Is that wave approach that you describe for CAS the same for all the colleges at Cornell? Reports seem to indicate that COE sent some each day since last Friday up through yesterday.

Probably they are all similar. I think there was a last week of April wave for the few colleges that were way behind targets. The last Friday thing you mention was likely emails stating acceptance and not the official May 2 notification when the 5 day clock starts.

1 Like

Nope just submitted the LOCI to the portal on 4/11!

1 Like

Hoping for some CALS (Ag School) movement soon. They were very late making WL offers last year.

How late was CALS in making waitlist decisions last year?

1 Like

i assume this year is generally earlier than last yr. many plp alr received email from Cornell asking for continued interest.

Looking at CC threads (granted, that’s a small group of waitlisted applicants) they started May 11. There were a few on the 7th. (For CALS)

From CALS? These were emails asking for continued interest in addition to the original ask for a LOCI when RD decisions came out?

1 Like

Congrats!

Hi, did they say explicitly you have 5 days to respond? Or is it based on historical pattern? Thanx.

1 Like

Thanks! They don’t say they’ll kick you out but here’s the language:
“Please note that in order to reserve your place in the class, your enrollment deposit must be received within five business days after you receive your online notification.”

I thought that if you put in for financial aid, it’s 5 days after you receive your FA notification

Yes. You’re right

2 Likes

i’ve heard someone was accepted into coe cs yesterday. at this point, i’m assuming most waitlist acceptances have gone out and the only waitlist offers made later will be because people rejected their waitlist acceptance

6 Likes

I got the confirm interest email for CAS on 4/28 and filled out the survey, but I still haven’t heard back anything yet. Is this a bad sign?

Anyone know what Cornell coe waitlist yield percentage is?