Cornell waitlist 2027

anything from ILR?

1 Like

do anyone think there will be a wave tomorrow?

Yes

Probably next week based on waitlist acceptances this week

1 Like

ā€œAlthough we make every effort to notify students as soon as possible after the May 1 response deadline, we will not know if we will make admission offers to our wait list candidates until mid-May at the earliest. In some years, we have made wait list offers as late as mid-Juneā€.
Thatā€™s what was written on the Engineering website. Why is it closed before it starts? I meant CoE.

@alhopewells did you hear anything from ilr?

what did you hear about ILR?

Just a thought about timing. While some kids were admitted from waitlist earlier this week for CoE, at least our family is still waiting to get the financial aid info. When speaking to admissions today about the 5 day response time to commit, they said we have 5 days AFTER receiving financial aidā€¦and that financial aid packages were a bit behind. That MAY mean they may need to wait longer to initiate the next wave. I have no idea, but maybe a reasonable assumption?!

3 Likes

DD received an email from CALS first thing Tuesday morning (5/2), telling her that they would send her an official acceptance letter IF she wanted one (yield protection but I get it). She had 24 hours to decide whether or not she wanted the official offer. She clicked the ā€œyesā€ link, and received an official offer letter in the portal late yesterday afternoon. We were then given 5 days to accept the official offer. We accepted the offer and paid the deposit last night. As CALS was her first choice, Iā€™m pretty sure she enjoyed telling Michigan and BU to please remove her from their waitlists.

1 Like

We got waitlisted with CALS but heard nothing from them regarding the status of waitlist. I wonder if our school counselor should follow up for us? Any one has some suggestions or past experiences about it?

I know my school will say no. May be yours will.

Congratulations. What is her major?

If you donā€™t mind sharing, could you tell us what state she applied from and what major she applied for?

2 Likes

I GOT OFF THE DYSON WAITLIST TODAY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
gl to all!

3 Likes

congrats! did you get the email or was it in your portal. also any idea if there are more admits coming?

1 Like

Thatā€™s amazing! Congratulations! Did you identify who you are when you made the phone call yesterday? Do you think the call helped?

nope, i didnt wanna piss them off so i made the phone call anonymously and used a burner California phone number (i live on east coast), they told me yesterday on te phone they took ā€œsome peopleā€ and that ā€œmore would comeā€, so its a slow burn. donā€™t give up hope and the unfortunate part is that its in the schools best interest to drag this out as long as they can so just try and hold on
I also got it through an email, official portal update tomorrow

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing! It is very helpful. :pray:

2 Likes

when did you submit your loci?

Iā€™m still waiting to hear back. Should I send another email or call to reaffirm my commitment? Getting anxious.

1 Like