Cornell waitlist 2027

don’t lose hope! last year CAS did something similar where they sent out a wave of interest emails may 11 and admitted people may 25th. I think they’re holding off to make sure they’re sending out an accurate amount of offers with all of the FA delays.

does anyone have any info on cals? ugh im praying and praying that i get off the WL and into the accept pile.

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing! This gives me new hope!

I hope we all hear back next week. I figured it would be slow this week due to people requesting extensions. However, let’s not give up hope yet!!

6 Likes

2 from our HS off WL. One 4/20 and the other 5/2. Parents emailed Coe dean in both cases

3 Likes

can I know what the parents said in their email to the COE dean?

1 Like

can I know what the parents said in their emails also?

2 Likes

If possible would you also mind sharing with me what the parent emails contained?

Can you pls share with me too if it’s ok

Could you please share what parents can express? I am wondering if it also could be co-incidental? Would it better for a teacher to do it ?

1 Like

Could you let me know what was in it too? Thank you

I got the same email from finaid. When I called the FA office, they told me it has nothing to do with admissions since they do not interexchange that kind of information apparently. I got all excited over that email too :frowning:

1 Like

Hopefully, we hear something this week! I’ll most likely lose hope if I don’t :sob:

1 Like

What did parents email to Dean?

Parents??? This is a big No No. maybe these parents had some kind of “ in”or personal relationship or the donor relationship etc. I have never heard of a parent contacting a dean and it working out in favor of a student. Students should be self advocating.

7 Likes

Our college counselor would be furious. I can’t imagine a parent calling the Dean nor anyone in admissions. I’d assume if they had any type of “in” they would have used that card during ED or RD.

3 Likes

I’m also a little skeptical of this. My guess is that, if anything, the parents were alumni and pressured their kids’ acceptances

3 Likes

I too agree that parents should not be contacting the dean. I reached out to admissions once at another school because I was told my son was deferred due to missing paperwork from me.
It is also ok to reach out to financial aid as a parent. Other than that, only the student should reach out to the department unless they specifically ask for a parent.

2 Likes

Anyone hear of any movement from CALS? Could the waitlist be closed?

It seems that there are no movements, hopefully we hear some movements soon (my kid is for CAS)…

1 Like