Cornell waitlist 2027

Yes. The user apparently edited

so how is the dyson waitlist situation? I am international, can someone call them and ask this?

3 Likes

Got of the College of Engineering waitlist a few days ago for Computer Science… and I am eagerly awaiting my financial aid package! I have 5 days to make a decision from the date I receive financial aid. :blush:

5 Likes

Agree we too are in a similar situation. Its hard to make peace when we see so many kids getting into those colleges where our kids with similar or better resume couldn’t get in!
I was furious when my D told me about her friend getting into Cornell from Waitlist. I calmed down as it was a different major. So many factors play a role in College admissions and as bad it sounds we have little control over this whole process. So make peace and move on. A truly talented student hopefully will shine no matter where they go!

6 Likes

Any updates on your decision? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

has anyone heard anything from dyson, still on waitlist here and really confused

Nope! Still waiting

2 Likes

Is anyone aware of folks that got off the waitlist for Environmental Engineering?

1 Like

Has anyone gotten off of CALS waitlist recently? Any news?

1 Like

Will Cornell send an update email since it’s the start of June? I have no expectations, but I’m still anxious :sob:

3 Likes

Last year Dyson released transfer admissions for waitlists on June 1st. Has anyone heard back from them ?

No news since end of March - biology major in CALS.

1 Like

yes! Most in state students got off the waitlist at CALS Env. engineering. I am still on the waitlist though and i hope to get a good news soon.

2 Likes

Thank you - this is helpful info (about in-state Eng Eng students getting off the wait list). I wonder if there will be other spots available for out-of-state waitlist kids. Perhaps it will depend on the accept / declines from the in-states. Good luck to you and all that are still waiting!

1 Like

My understanding is that CALS receives state funding and hence is committed to a certain number of instate students similar to Public schools. All other Schools at Cornell are completely private.

1 Like

ILR, Human Ecology, CALS, and the Vet School are all Land Grant Colleges at Cornell.

A&S, Engineering, Hotel, Brooks, and AAP are endowed (not contract colleges). Dyson is a bit of a hybrid, falling under the SC Johnson Business College along with the Hotel School and JGSM (MBA).

“New York state residents in the Charles H. Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management and New York state residents pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in the Jeb E. Brooks School of Public Policy are eligible for the NY State resident contract college tuition rate.”

3 Likes

last year, cornell released a wave of waitlist updates on jun 6, which was a mon. does that mean cornell will probably will release a wave this mon, jun 5?

2 Likes

Not sure how much of a wave will occur. Maybe a small ripple. I wish they would take most of the kids off the list at this point since they probably only have a few spots left. This will help kids mentally move on with the schools where they have committed.

3 Likes

My portal updated today— was just rejected off the waitlist for AAP

2 Likes

has anyone else received an update?

1 Like