1 Like

has CAS sent out TOs yet?

Recieved TO from college of HumanEc today 06/21

1 Like

My son received TO from CALS on 06/16. Southern California

1 Like

I got TO for CALS 06/17 !

2 Likes

D rejected from the waitlisted around the same time. She is not even worthy of a TO. I guess she is too bland for the ivies. I thought she had a chance bc she said after she submitted her loci she got a long email thanking her “thoughtful letter” and work. She never has a chance from the beginning. Why do they have her waited so long. I would never find peace after this process.

1 Like

Hopefully what you will tell her is she was worthy of the schools she applied to, and they would have been lucky to get her. Admission is not always a comparison of students, but if the admission officer reading her application thinks they are qualified in their eyes to receive admission. The fact that she was put on waitlist shows that she was a qualified applicant. I have always told my kids that being offered waitlist means that they were qualified for the school, and they would have accepted them if they had enough spots.
Unfortunately when it comes to Cornell waitlist, the decision is made on what school they have applied to, and do they complete a well rounded class. We have also had our ups and downs during this admission year and don’t understand how all of the decisions are made. I’m sure your daughter will be successful at whatever college she attends and at least now she can focus on the school she committed to.

5 Likes

Is your son going to Cornell (I see he was waitlisted at other schools too)?

Yes, he is going to Cornell. He was waitlisted at Northwestern and Emory (got into Oxford campus but was waitlisted for the main campus). Neither of those schools have rejected him yet but he wouldn’t change his mind on Cornell.
Have you gotten housing yet?

Other than CALS and HumEc have we seen any other TO’s?

No, but registration for a move-in time opens early July, so fingers crossed we hear before then!

1 Like

I agree with you. Such an awful process

Is this really it for Cornell? No more TO’s? :dotted_line_face:

You should call and ask. Can’t hurt!

@UVagrad1 Any final thoughts on the Cornell 2027 waitlist?

It appears from the numbers Cornell released in September that 304 were enrolled from the waitlist on 362 offers made.

That’s a lot of students admitted via WL. I wonder if other colleges used their WL this year. Interesting data point.