corps of cadet scholarship

<p>Hi everyone I am an international student who wants to be a member of the corps of cadet. I applied for the corps scholarship. I would like to know my chances and whether it's true I qualify for instate tuition if I obtain the corps scholarship as an int'l.
My stats: SAT math and CR score 1440
first quarter class rank assigned by tamu.
Good predicted A level results with 11As in Olevel(including languages or 10 if without)
A lot of extra curricular activities and some leadership positions. </p>

<p>Last but not least, if I got selected to be a corps of cadet scholarship holder, is it mandatory for me to live in the corps residence hall? Thank you very much for your help</p>

<p>Pleaseeee help! Thanks!!</p>

<p>Aggiewannabe, no one can tell you what your chances for a scholarship are. It’s just not possible. Your stats are very good. Congratulations! Yes, it is possible if you get other university scholarships for them to waive out of state tuition. And yes, part of being in the corp is living in corp housing. It’s not really something you do part time…you sort of LIVE it.</p>

<p>Thanks for your advice cromette!</p>

<p>At one point, it was my understanding most OOS students were contacted about joining the corps, and offered scholarships. They have a significant amount of scholarships that qualify for the waiver-both of mine were called & asked. I would suggest some more research on your part - it is much more involved than ROTC commitments at other schools- it is really a way of life & a completely different college experience. Those who do it, seem to really love it. But, it certainly isn’t the ‘easy’ route to in state tuition.</p>

<p>Hey AGmomx2 thx for the comment. The corps of cadet has already contacted me about this and I have replied them. Personally, I am really willing to join the corps because my dad served in the military when he was young so I am interested in becoming like him. Glad to hear that most of the corps receive scholarship. :)</p>