Corps of Cadets - Blinn TEAM

<p>Hi there. My son has applied and is very hopeful for a full admission as he very much wants to be a member of the Corps of Cadets. However, he may be "on the bubble" and as such we're doing research on Blinn TEAM for the possibility that he would get offered that admission path. We would like to have as much information as possible in the event he has a decision to make. We live 1400 miles away. We are aware that he would still be eligible to participate in the Corps if he is the Blinn TEAM program.</p>

<p>Do any current Corps parents have insights as to how many Corps members are in the Blinn TEAM program and how it affects the student's participation in the Corps? Any other advice or insights?</p>

<p>From the research we have been able to do so far, Blinn TEAM looks like an outstanding program.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>I am sure Major Hoffman would be happy to answer these questions. <a href=“mailto:jhoffman@corps.tamu.edu”>jhoffman@corps.tamu.edu</a></p>

<p>Thanks. My son emailed Col Hawes and received a very thorough and thoughtful response with great information regarding Blinn TEAM and the Corps. We were surprised to learn that 150 out of the 900 2013 Corps Fish are Blinn TEAM participants. Very good to hear if he is indeed offered Blinn TEAM. </p>

<p>Col Hawes is a fantastic resource as well.</p>

<p>I will send you a private message.</p>

<p>My son is a senior in the Corps and the FTAB and started through Blinn TEAM. I don’t know what the overall stats are but in his fish company class, 4 out of 33 were Blinn TEAM. Their academic advisor worked closely with them, helping to nagivate thru the transfer process and when to apply. Luckily he was accepted full time after his freshman year… They were great in helping the students through the process. He always felt like he was a part of the school and the Corps, just that he had to take some of his classes at Blinn. If you think Blinn team is an option - I would recommend you go ahead and apply to Blinn, send transcripts, SAT scores etc. We didn’t do that beforehand, and when he got the letter in April we had to scramble to get all that done. Good luck!! It is definitely worth it!! </p>

<p>Thanks a ton. That is great advice. I did not realize that if he is offered TEAM he would need to apply to Blinn, send scores and transcripts, etc. We’ll definitely take your advice and send that over preemptively. thanks!</p>