Corps of Cadets Questions

Howdy! I am borderline on joining the Corps of Cadets. What exactly should I expect from it? What are the Pros and Cons of it. I know there are a bunch of threads about this but I would like a more recent opinion on it as I know it has changed a bit in the recent years. A little more information about me… I am going to be an engineering student. I am not super extroverted but I am not an introvert by any means. I am an OOS student so if I did not get a merit scholarship I would be relying on the Corps to get me an OOS tuition waiver. Stats… 3%,33 ACT but that is kind of irrelevant.
Thanks everyone for helping me out with all of my A&M questions. Y’all have been great. Can’t wait to be an aggie. Also let’s BTHO Louisville tonight!!!

If you can get in TAMU, you can join Corps of Cadet. Looks like your grades are good enough. Good luck!

I have people in the Corp in my engineering classes. They always fall asleep. Anyways you have to wake up early every morning. They have to do formations and morning runs. Then they do their classes and have to come back for some afternoon activity. You learn discipline and it is good prep if you plan on joining the armed forces in the future. I am not in the corp, but from speaking to them they have a good brotherhood. Along with being an engineering major you get lots of sleepless nights and if you are in the corp you add more sleepiness. They work hard and are well respected. To get the best answer speak to somebody in the Corp.

I was told they have to run 20 miles. They are exhausted by 9:00 pm because of the daily exercise. They have to get up before 5:00 every day. Their exercise is 6:00 - 7:00 am daily