Cosmos '21

seems so, keep us updated!

Last year my kids got their decisions earlier, shortly after 5.

same for me

I did as well

How come none of the people in this thread got in yet? LMAO

3 Likes

Same here

i feel like both SRA and ESAP are similar in terms of selectivity. not sure which one looks better on college apps, i think u should just go with whichever one you think ud gain more from

If yall are interested, I received an acceptance last year at 5:26 PM and a rejection the year prior at 5:08 PM.

1 Like

Can someone who got rejected check their application portal? Does it list their status explicitly as “rejected” or as “in-progress”?

1 Like

It’s 5:49 PM here in bay area and still have not gotten anything yet…

1 Like

Mine says “Not Admitted”

3 Likes

mine says waitlisted not in progress

guys maybe their system is broken and they mistakenly sent rejections to people who were accepted!! jk lol i wish tho

2 Likes

damn that means u got waitlisted. join the club.

1 Like

Can people who are still waiting like this so we got a sense of how many are still out? or reply

4 Likes

mine also says “in progress” but it said “in review” earlier. I think this must be a bug…?

Here are my stat let me know what you think abt my rejection haha maybe I can learn something to improve.

Sophomore for UCI clusters 7: Bioengineering the Brain and 6: Skeletal Muscle Dystrophy

GPA: 3.92

Activities were: founding and being president of HOSA at my school and competing in neuroscience (Top 15 in state but that’s not saying much)

Essays: Personal statement: i would rate i had many people look over it 8/10
first choice cluster: 9/10 wrote abt my grandfathers illness and how the things researched it cluster 7 would lead to tech to make his life more comfortable
second-choice: threw in the towel here, super generic abt fascination with the process of RNA-seq

Recommendation:
Main recommender, Honors Pre-calculus: 9/10 we are super close and I read the letter of she wrote for another program and it was quite good

Secondary, Honors English: 7/10 I compete in speech and debate and do quite well and he is the advisor and loves to talk abt the latest tournament that I competed in front of the class

Final thoughts: I genuinely thought my essays would get me a good shot. I’m hoping this year was just near-impossible cause of the admitted students last year taking up most of the spots or something, plus the added deprioritization that comes with me being a sophomore so I don’t have to feels so bad abt myself and hope that I have a chance for next year. Then again, I’m probably also looking for an excuse in a way? Not feeling hopeful abt my other application now since they are even more competitive. Let me know what you think hurt me I’d love to be able to improve for next year! Congrats to those who got in!

2 Likes

Those of you who got accepted, what does your application portal list your status as?

Did anyone on this sub get accepted I still havent recieved an email

I don’t think anybody got in so far…? Not completely sure though