Cosmos '21

I think you are right that there are less spots because of last year, plus anything bio-medical is very competitive, plus they know you have another year to apply. Your app sounds wonderful!

2 Likes

anyone here who got accepted last year?

Im thinking waitlists and rejections came out first

Cosmmos aceptance rate goes to 1% pog

The same thing happened to me too!

srly? I did not think it was THIS competitive

1 Like

same, I’m so glad I’m not the only one…

your stats look really good, but i think the clusters you applied to are pretty competitive

I did

1 Like

Yes, both my kids were accepted last year

do u mind sharing ur stats its ok if you don’t want to

1 Like

waitlisted at UCSD

Maybe you’ve been accepted based on the pattern we’ve seen!

has anyone here gotten accepted?

Thank you so much for the kind words I’ll look forward to the next year!

3.9 GPA
Science Olympiad with medals in bio events which related to my clusters
Both the essays I wrote were focused on how my passions started when I was young and was able to carry them on through my high school career
My personal statement was able working with Dr Walter Leal in his lab and what experiences I gained and how that would help me at cosmos

Hi. What does the application portal list your status as?

My one kid has very high stats, but was a freshman last year… got into a first choice math cluster, however she’s a girl, and also her essay was very good about being late to seriously math study but loving it. I think they viewed her as someone who needed an opportunity. Other kid actually does not have great stats, BUT has ECs and independent interests in research that are a perfect fit for the program. And wrote a really interesting essay. Stats count, but imo are not everything. But also… these are so competitive. They can’t take everyone which is a big bummer.

1 Like

oh wow thx, the lab experience rly stands out I think

In progress. It used to show In review