Cosmos '21

I was accepted at UCSC for the Microbiology and Environmental Toxicology cluster!!!

Here were my stats:

GPA: 4.00 UW, 4.76 W

Ranking: 9/495

APs: World (5), US History (N/A), Lang (N/A), DE Calc 1 (N/A), Chem (N/A), Environmental Science (N/A)

Essays: I talked about how I live next to a quarry mine and how I view its heavy emissions as concerning. I explained how I wanted to research its impacts on human health.

Teacher Recs: AP Chem teacher (he’s known me for 3 years and is the advisor of my club), and my AP Env Science teacher (first year I’ve had him, but he knows my passion for the environment and biology very well)

2 Likes

If the people who got accepted could share their stats that would be very helpful! Thanks.

1 Like

We got the email but I just logged in and portals say “In review”. Is that the same with you all?.

Same with me :l

Hi everyone!

I wanted to know if anyone had gotten into this years COSMOS summer program. I was sadly rejected this year, but if you were accepted or rejected could you please provide your stats. Also, does anyone know if the acceptance rate was high or low this year? And does anyone know if there are any other STEM related summer programs that are still accepting applications? Thanks!

I think the acceptance rate was very low. They gave special consideration to those accepted last year since the program was cancelled, and I think this probably significantly lowered the available spots. You might check U Mich and their math and science scholars program to see if they have anything open. I know of students accepted with anything from a 3.68 to perfect 4.0 plus weighted. I think quite a bit rests on the essay, fit with the cluster, and with a desire of the program to provide opportunity.

I was accepted at the ucsc campus

1 Like

got the official email today, looks like I got into cluster 3!

Is it possible to switch clusters? Like at all? Even a small chance? If anyone has any insight I’d really appreciate it!!

Is COSMOS worth the money and does it appeal to colleges as well? I’m a freshman still so I’m not sure if I should take the offer…

Cluster 12!

There was a small mistake in the application, where we were suppose to upload transcripts, we uploaded resume. Any insights on how to get this fixed? Hope this will not turn acceptance into a rejection. Please help with any suggestions?

You can email support, but you have to send in your official transcripts later anyway, so I’m sure it will be fine.

i got in for ucsc for cluster 8, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask! if anyone is at ucsc, lmk!

me too

cosmos is legit. uc campuses look if you attended cosmos and give special consideration

1 Like

congrats! i’ll be at ucsc too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

ooo what cluster? im cluster 8 - marine mammals and oceanography - from prey to pretadors

besides writing it in your app where else would they be able to see you attended cosmos?

i’m not sure, but ik it gives u an advantage for uc campuses