Cosmos '21

Haven’t received a schedule yet. I’m guessing it’ll take up a lot of hours though given that it’s three weeks and normally it’s residential (so basically all day for most days).

Hmm that’s what I’m thinking, I’m guessing like 8-3 everyday. Btw it’s 4 weeks not 3

Did anyone else receive an email saying acceptance and payment is due today at 5pm PST?

1 Like

Yeah, I got that.

Only the $200 dollar fee (plus the service fee) is due today right? The other payment is due May 7th?

I checked the website. It says April 16 for deposit and acceptance. I’m trying to wait because we’re supposed to hear from another program on Thursday.

Just received the updated email. Deadline for acceptance and deposits is April 16.

Does it say “not received” for the acceptance packet for anyone else too? I did the docusign thing, which I assume is the acceptance packet it’s talking about, but it hasn’t changed. Anyone else?

Heard of a few others who had this issue, so it’s not just you.

Hi everyone, I am a freshman that wants to apply for COSMOS next year, so COSMOS 2022. Are there any admitted sophomores here that could share their stats and profile with me (GPA, ECs, etc.)? Thanks so much!

Do you also have the issue?

heyo im a freshman and ik ur looking for sophomores but maybe this will help a bit? it’s not gonna b specific info just some general stuff i’ve picked up:

i only applied for ucscc5 which might b less competitive cus i heard bio related clusters at ucd are highest demand. u might wanna specify what topics ur interested in if u want more info btw.

anyway i’m a stereotypical asian and for ec’s i put piano and tennis (very mediocre level for both) and i have As. i have no coding experience but the cluster is based on coding? so uh what i’m tryna say is, stats n stuff r important but i think ur written responses help u stand out.

i don’t have any counselors or writing related tutors or classes, so a main source of advice/support was my big bro. ig was more comfortable being vulnerable abt my prompts and that helped to keep the content raw and honest

ive also heard ur references r pretty important. i actually asked a middle school teacher bc i wanted someone who understood my irl qualities/ considering covid is still going on i might do that next yr too.

ack if u actually read this jumble of stuff im sorry if it’s random- anyway yeahhhhhh that’s all

Hi, I was accepted to Cosmos at UC Davis. I am a bit confused about the official transcript. Is it due Friday 4/16 with the payment info? My school is on spring break right now and I can’t contact anyone to get an official transcript.

i’m pretty sure it’s due june 1st. same here im on spring break, they told me to get it after break.

Thanks! Were you able to get through to a cosmos official? I tried calling and I just got answering machines. Also, did you find anywhere on the website that lists the deadline for the transcript?

The acceptance email lists all the deadlines, including June 1 for transcripts.

1 Like

Thank you!!

yea i turned it in using the parent portal for UCD where is shows “completed”, but on the applicant portal it still shows “not received”

Oh yeah, I’m going to UCD too and I noticed this. When I first turned in the packet, my portal said completed as well, but now it changed back to “not received.” I guess I’ll just have to wait or smth. So many bugs with the online app. : (

If anyone got off the waitlist pls lemme know thx :slight_smile: