Cosmos '21

I’ve heard that all environment-related clusters are easier to get into. I’m also pretty sure that UCD is the least competitive campus.

I think it is true as well.

I was looking at a COSMOS thread for previous years on CC and it seemed like the acceptance rates are low for that campus; really depends on the competitiveness of the cluster though

We have the same exact thing lol

Ohh dang hahah

Ah okay thank you! I’m really debating on whether I should switch my first and second choice clusters because I feel like my second choice cluster specific essay is a lot more personal and relevant.

But my first choice cluster is no doubt a lot less popular in comparison to my second choice cluster… ugh I don’t know what to do. I can’t risk getting rejected from my first choice cluster tho.

Yeah I also saw that on the 2020 COSMOS thread, but since my counselor gave me this information, I feel as though it may be more accurate.

But I definitely agree, I think it depends on the cluster more so than the campus.

1 Like

I heard UCD was the most competitive

Oh ok, then I stand corrected lol

Also how are you guys writing the cluster essays? Are yall writing them as one big paragraph or smaller “paragraphs” divided?

If you value getting in more than what you want to do, you should pick the least popular one. I would recommend going for what you want to do since if you’re a freshmen or sophomore, you have another chance and if you’re a Junior, COSMOS give priority to them.

I don’t think It really matters but I wrote them in small paragraphs

I wrote them as one big paragraph

I did both. My first choice cluster was in small paragraphs, and my second choice was one big paragraph

I say this in the least sentimental way possible but I love how active this thread is these days. It’s genuinely helpful talking with other people applying to this program.

1 Like

is anyone applying to ucsd?

I am

I agree! It’s very helpful to have others who are going through the same process/have experience on here giving advice

cool which clusters? im doing climate change & music/tech

This is random, but based on your username, and since we’re all STEM people here, do you happen to compete in ornithology for scioly??