Cosmos '21

I’m doing autonomous vehicles & music/tech

Ooh I actually oversaw ornithology as a life science captain but never competed!! I just really like (toco) toucans!

I’m doing Cluster 2: Computation and Machine Learning: Physics, Big Data, and Our Understanding of the Universe and Cluster 1: Exploring the Application of Data Science in the Health Sciences. These are at UCI. I think UCI is the least competitive one, but CS clusters are really competitive, so I’m not sure whether my first choice will work out. I think my essays were rather strong though; we’ll see. Anyone else at UCI?

I’ve heard that your first choice is one of the more competitive CS ones out of all the campus’s.

Oh damn. Is anyone doing any other programs?

That’s so cool! I’m competing in orni this year, and I love it so much. It’s why I applied for one of the marine bio clusters at UCSC, since in the course description it mentioned a bit about bird ID and history and stuff :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ahh I just submitted the app… definitely an intense one. Good luck to everyone! : )

Just submitted as well! See you guys back on this thread soon :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

Lol I’m lowkey nervous now. If that is in fact true and my first choice cluster is really competitive, that kinda sucks. Does anyone have any more info on UCI Cluster 2?

Hi everyone, hope you all submitted the application. If so, give yourself a nice break :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks love

My friend’s taking the same cluster and he said its one of the popular ones. Honestly, don’t sweat it. If you get in that’s really great, but if you don’t get in, don’t worry about it. You’ll have plenty of other opportunities and COSMOS isn’t everything.

Don’t fret! You tried your best with your essay’s and you actually chose a cluster that you’re interested in doing rather than just going with an easy cluster just to get into COSMOS. If you demonstrated passion in your essays, that’s what really matters. There’s a lot of other things you can do if you don’t get into COSMOS and there are other opportunities. You’ll be fine :slight_smile:

Hi everyone. Know this is a bit belated, but I was curious if anyone knows how competitive the UC Davis: Cluster 10: Sustainable Transportation is.

Hi ik the application closed like three wks ago but does anyone know if ucd cluster 1 is popular or is anyone applying to that one?? it’s the one about space and time

Good luck to everyone! Results are expected in a few hours.

5 Likes

Has the application updated for you guys? I think it was supposed to update at 5 pm PST… Very nervous right now :grimacing:

Yea I applied to UCI and I haven’t gotten anything yet. My friend from UCSD already got his decision though. Not sure what’s happening, the universities might stagger their release times.

Is it via email?

yea