Cost for in-state students

<p>How much is the total cost of attendence for in-state students at VT? I've heard from some people that it's around $22,000 and from other people that it's around $14,000; how much is it? Also, how generous is VT with financial aid?</p>

<p>cost: Cost</a> of Attendance | Undergraduate Admissions | Virginia Tech</p>

<p>I dont know about their financial aid.</p>

<p>^ but that cost is excluding personal expenses. Any VT student know approximately how much the cost comes out to be including personal expenses/travel/meals/etc.?</p>

<p>The relevant number can be gotten from the financial aid office. The official COA is what limits the federal aid.</p>

<p>Just for personal expenses, I spent around 500 dollars last semester (could be higher for some, lower for others). It depends on how much stuff you like to buy, how often you go home, the amount of times you eat off campus, extra supplies, etc.</p>

<p>I live in Blacksburg, and a lot of people I know goes to Virginia Tech. Like kindaslick89 said, it depends on how much you want to spend regarding personal expenses, but really, things here in Blacksburg are pretty cheap, and I would think that the amount would fluctuate around $15,000-ish. I really wouldn't think any of my friends who went to VT (and that's a lot) spent more than $20,000 per year.</p>