Could I make the Million Dollar Drumline?

<p>I’ve been playing the clarinet for 8 years now (I’m a senior) and I’ve made honors bands the past three years. I’ve been in a nationally-known high school marching band for five of those years. I like the clarinet, but I’ve always wanted to play the snare drum. The University of Alabama marching band looks magical. I would LOVE to be a part of this band, especially in the drumline. I like the clarinet, and I’d still like to play it in the band as a plan B, but drumline has always been my dream. If I start taking lessons now, would I have a shot at auditioning into the band? How about on clarinet? Thanks.</p>

<p>Maybe. You could ask your question on the MDB’s Facebook page: <a href=“Redirecting...”>Redirecting...; You will be up against kids who’ve been playing drums for years. Keep clarinet as your backup plan!</p>

<p>honestly, i would have to say no. i don’t think that a kid with one year on snare will be able to compete with kids who have been in percussion since middle school.</p>

<p>but it never hurts to ask … or try.</p>

<p>That drumline is amazing! But I always say, You’ll never know if you don’t try! And I agree, even if you’re on another instrument, I’d definitely try out for the MDB! They are so awesome!</p>

<p>My son plays guitar, bass guitar, and double bass, although he has played percussion and drums in the marching band. What musical opportunities may exist for him? He plays bass guitar in the pep band at school, but do pep bands exist in college? I know my school didn’t have one.</p>