Could I transfer from a four year university to a UC?

I am currently a community college student with well over around 90 units, fully UC-IGETC certified but have an awful GPA… due to unforseen family circumstances I have a 2.7. I got into Chapman and I deferred my admission to the spring semester in order to try and pursue other schools. Is it possible to attend community college in the fall, apply to all the UC’s, and attend Chapman in the spring while I wait for the admissions decision? I want Chapman as a back up and do not want to waste anymore time at community college.

But if Chapman is the only school that is willing to accept me, I would just have to continue my education there.

If you take upper division courses at Chapman, then you could end up with too much transferable credit to be eligible to apply in some cases.

With a 2.7 college GPA, the non-impacted and less-impacted CSUs are more realistic targets among the California public universities.

Can you afford a year at Chapman?

With more than 90 units already on your transcript, it will be hard to make the significant GPA improvement you’d need to get into an of the UCs in a year.
I agree - a non-impacted CSU is probably your best bet. Some CSU campuses offer Spring admission but the list seems to vary year to year.

This will give you the current list.
https://www2.calstate.edu/apply/Pages/application-dates-deadlines.aspx

good luck.

“apply to all the UC’s,”

At the risk of being rude, with a 2.7 GPA why bother applying to the top 5 of the UC’s? There are a lot of very good schools there and it would seem to make sense to focus on the ones where you have a better chance.

Even if you have less than 90 units (I assume quarter units which convert to 60 semester units), community college transfers get first priority and UC to UC is probably next, which is a difficult task. Transfers to another UC from other colleges are probably unlikely.