Couldn't find any hotel rooms for move-out

<p>except in Birmingham, and that’s the opposite direction for me. So I booked something in Meridian.</p>

<p>I obviously waited too long, but this never occurred to me. Son didn’t even know his exam schedule so I had to look it up.</p>

<p>I checked every major travel site along with Marriott, Hilton, Holiday Inn, and other direct sites. Nothing. If anybody knows of a place with rooms, let me know.</p>

<p>slippy, these guys have availability between May 1 and May 3 (checking out May 4). Probably very limited. Hurry! </p>

<p>[Greystone</a> Inn & Suites](<a href=“http://www.greystoneinns.com/]Greystone”>http://www.greystoneinns.com/)</p>

<p>Slippy, </p>

<p>There are several B&B’s in Eutaw, AL (pronounced Utah) which is only about 20-30 min from campus and is in the correct direction for you. Oakmont and the Attoway Davis house are two that I know of.</p>

<p>try best western park plaza. we stayed there last time we were there and it was fine. it will kind of remind you of motels you stayed at when on car trips with your family when you were a kid. they have rooms if you check out friday. that is what we are doing.</p>

<p>Oh, Slippy. Just bring a sleeping bag and bunk with the boy!</p>

<p>Yes, I think some end up bunking a night in a super suite with their kid. </p>

<p>Or they check-in Thursday night, check out Friday morn. If they do this, they do as much as they can on Thursday, and do the rest on Friday and all go home Fri afternoon.</p>

<p>The problem is that graduation is Saturday, so venues book EARLY.</p>

<p>I am having the same problem finding a room. We have a unique situation in that my daughter has to check out of her dorm Saturday morning and is leaving Tuscaloosa Sunday evening with the Alabama Action Abroad group. My plan was to arrive in Tuscaloosa on 5/2 to help her finalize trip preparations and check out on 5/5. After having no luck with my internet search, I resorted to calling every hotel listed (all 39 of them) on the Visit Tuscaloosa website. Three places have rooms available - Motel 6, Value Place Inn and Masters Inn. After reading the reviews on these three locations, I just don’t know if I can do it. As inconvenient as it is, I think I am going to stay in Bessemer or Birmingham.</p>

<p>none of those three motels are decent. Bessemer is closer to Ttown than Bham. </p>

<p>Is there anything decent in Northport? </p>

<p>the hotel situation is a pain with graduation the same weekend. Families/relatives/friends book for that weekend months or a year in advance. </p>

<p>Did you try VRBO?</p>

<p>Seriously, if you cannot find a hotel room I’d consider staying in your students room. As long as you were considerate of the suite mates shower times and study needs they’ll probably welcome you for a night or two. If you offer free food and maybe a bit of cleaning help they’ll likely see it as a positive.:)</p>

<p>I have a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Tuscaloosa it doesn’t look like we will be using. I would be happy to inquire about transferring it to a friend here rather than just blindly giving it up. PM me for details. -Rob</p>

<p>FYI…book NOW for next year :). We have already booked rooms for graduation and currently the prices are still reasonable. The gentleman shared with me that they will at least double as move-out/graduation 2014 gets closer.</p>