Counselor Confidentiality for college essays

Hello there,

How do I share my college essay with a counselor who is reviewing them on hourly basis for feedback and ensure they do not share this idea with others or use it to copy? This counselor says they work on integrity and honesty and seem good with experience but before I share a well written essay am concerned and looking for options where I can possibly prevent any copying.
Please note all I know is they are good experienced and promising about integrity however not much idea on what else they could do with my essay besides advising for me for the money paid. Is sharing througha link and later disabling it an option? Should I rather live share my screen? Thinking between productivity vs. confidentiality. Hope it is understood, thank you

My opinion: private counselors who provide essay coaching services are looking to provide a helpful service, and hoping to expand their business through word of mouth recommendations and referrals. Stealing clients’ essay ideas and selling them to other clients isn’t a sustainable business model.

If you don’t trust the counselor you’re working with, I suggest not working with them. Also: if you think your essay is so unique and brilliantly written that a counselor would want to steal it, then maybe you don’t need an essay coach?

2 Likes

This. Do you have a reason to think this reviewer would share or use your essay? If so…move on.

This forum has a group of volunteers who would be very willing for free to review your essay.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.